Hello Guest

Author Topic: 2D resolution question  (Read 3749 times)

kompound

• View Profile
2D resolution question
« on: January 11, 2013, 01:52:09 pm »
Hi there

I am yet to buy 2D Toolkit but wanted to know how it could help me with the following. To start with I am new to Unity and game development and currently creating my first project.

Essentially I want to create a game that is like Piperoll where you have a 40x40 grid of tiles that you rotate etc.

I guess my question is, what's the best practice for designing this game to make it available on all iphone / ipad resolutions..? Do I need to create one game for each resolution, I'd like it to be pixel perfect without any blurring..

Can 2D Toolkit help me in anyway here?

Thanks!

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 2D resolution question
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 01:53:52 pm »
Yes.

Use the tk2dCamara for this. If you want it to be pixel perfect, make sure to set filtering type to Point and on the tk2dCamera set AutoScaleMode to PixelPerfectFit. This will rescale your native game to the closest round number multiple.

If you want you can letterbox the remainder and whats outside the viewport. If your game supports it, you can simply display more information.

You can also use platform specific sprite collections to replace textures with higher resolution versions if you like.

Finally if you need even more control, you can use something like Owlchemy Labs' Multiplatform toolkit to reposition things on different platforms, etc.