Hello Guest

Author Topic: Sprites appear pink/black when running the build on Mac  (Read 5543 times)

TKat

• View Profile
Sprites appear pink/black when running the build on Mac
« on: March 01, 2016, 02:20:34 pm »
Hello, I have a project that I am working on my company that was using Unity 4.6.9 and tk2d version 2.3.0.

Recently I was asked to upgrade the project to Unity 5.3.2. After the upgrade everything seems to be working fine in the editor and when I make a build for windows but if I make a build for Mac some of the menu textures appear black.

I have tried to simulate the same result by running the app under -force-opengl in Windows and the results I get is pink textures.

I have also tried to replace the shader from the tk2d/BlendVertexColor standard one to Sprites default. This fixes the textures problem but results in the app crashing after some seconds of opening it.

I also need to mention that even if I upgrade to the latest version of tk2d the problem still persists.

Any ideas/suggestions as to where I could from here would be much appreciated.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Sprites appear pink/black when running the build on Mac
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 09:39:20 am »
Hi there,

Some shader doesn't work in the OpenGL back end from the looks of it... This should have been fixed in the latest tk2d (as of 6 months ago or so...) but if it still isn't working, can you create a simple repro case and send it to support? 5.3.2 works fine with the latest tk2d on OSX in the main tk2d repo.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 09:40:51 am by unikronsoftware »

TKat

• View Profile
Re: Sprites appear pink/black when running the build on Mac
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 09:36:26 am »
Hello,

Thank you for your answer. Initially it seemed that I had found a work around for my problem by creating new sprite collections and changing the shader to Sprite/default. That seemed to be working for the UI elements of my project until I got to the main scene where the tk2d camera was rendering everything pink.

I have built another version forcing to use only OpenGl2 settings and that seems to fix the problem. I'll try and run some more testing and get back again if the problem persists or if I find something new. Burt it does seems to be some sort of issue with OpenGl and the shaders.