Hello Guest

Author Topic: Update issue  (Read 5159 times)

liero116

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Update issue
« on: March 17, 2012, 09:56:28 pm »
I am trying to update to 1.57 and Im having issues doing it.  First of all, I have tried manually updating through the forum link provided and it appeared to import everything but the only thing that actually happened is that it made the animation editor look and function completely different.  It's no longer the visual editor it used to be.  Also, when clicking "about" in the 2DTK bar, it shows my version as being 1.56 still.  Finally, I'm getting an error at the bottom saying that "The name 'tk2dCamera' does not exist in the current context".

What can I do to not only update to the current version, but also bring back the visual animation editor that I once had?

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Update issue
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 11:34:38 pm »
Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience. I'm guessing you're using JavaScript? If you are, you will need to find tk2dSprite.cs in your project (should be in Plugins/tk2d/sprites), and then manually move tk2dCamera and tk2dCameraAnchor  (and nothing else) into this folder (Plugins/tk2d/Camera). The directory doesn't matter, it should just be in the same "place" as the sprite scripts and everything else.

You will probably need to create it if it doesn't exist. Once that happens, everything should go back to normal.

What is happening is Unity stops compiling the rest of the scripts as soon as it encounters that error, and the custom inspectors stop working.

If you run into any problems, or if this doesn't fix it, let me know. If you need quicker support, feel free to use the email (I get push email from there). support at unikronsoftware dot com.