Hello Guest

Author Topic: Sprites from spritesheet not showing in the scene after 1.6 update  (Read 5785 times)

Lukizanda

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Hi, I seem to be having a problem with sprites that have been generated from a sprite sheet after the 1.6 update,  they seem to not be rendering in the scene.  After the update everything is fine until I tried to add another sprite sheet to the sprite collection. 

After dragging the new sprite sheet into the editor, it gives me a prompt saying "The texture importer needs to be reconfigured to be used as a sprite sheet source.  Please note that this will globally change this texture importer."  after setting this up, the sprites objects in the scene, from this collection, seem to disappear (there are only sprite sheets in this collection).   Im not sure what im doing wrong, is there an additional setup requirement apart from setting the tile width/height in the config tab?

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Sprites from spritesheet not showing in the scene after 1.6 update
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 07:59:38 pm »
Did you click apply after setting width/height?

Lukizanda

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 08:43:44 pm »
Yes I did.  The problem I am having seems to occur after I commit the sprite collection in 1.60 (even before adding any new sprites or sprite sheets).  My sprites are appearing fine if I revert to the sprite collection that was committed before the update to 1.60.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 08:58:16 pm »
Could you get in touch by email please? Support at unikronsoftware dot com. I need more details so I can reproduce this.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 10:46:38 pm »
I've found the problem. It was really really bizarre, as the code I checked in last night should never have worked, but it did on all of my tests - and I did a LOT of testing on this.

Your texture in particular made the problem manifest itself. I'll be posting a patch very shortly.