Hello Guest

Author Topic: TextMesh inspector dodgy and glitchy but might just be unity 4.2  (Read 5178 times)

hippocoder

Hi,

I have a deep suspicion it's probably 4.2 acting up on mac, but it's really hard to actually type anything because it doesn't refresh correctly within dialog boxes/text areas. I'm pretty sure it must be a 4.2 bug and not tk2D but heads up anyway :)

profanicus

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Re: TextMesh inspector dodgy and glitchy but might just be unity 4.2
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 11:19:33 am »
I've had this happen a couple of times on PC with earlier Unity versions as well. I don't know what was causing it but the solution was to delete the library folder and let Unity rebuild everything, assuming you are using meta files of course.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 11:38:56 am »
Can't say I've seen that before. Is it just that text box in particular thats broken or others as well?

profanicus

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 11:51:06 am »
For me (if it was the same thing that hippocoder is seeing) it was most noticeable on textmesh due to all the custom elements, but also occurred on some other components. Pretty sure it was not limited to tk2d either - anything that was a default Unity inspector was ok but custom fields weren't.

By 'earlier Unity versions' I meant earlier versions of Unity 4, it hasn't reoccurred since I switched back to 3.5. :)

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2013, 04:41:05 pm »
Thanks for the info.

hippocoder

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2013, 08:41:06 pm »
Yep just on textMesh. It's cleared up today, probably had a bath with scented candles so isn't feeling moody or something. Or it was the hotfix. Who knows. If it happens again, I'll try and narrow down why it does it :)