Hello Guest

Author Topic: Problem in the Mole in the Whack-a-Mole tutorial  (Read 4399 times)

lraC

• View Profile
Problem in the Mole in the Whack-a-Mole tutorial
« on: September 16, 2013, 12:55:53 pm »
I've followed each step of the Whack-a-Mole tutorial and I'm at the very end of the 'Game Objects' section. My problem is that when I'm adding the clipped sprite, it (the mole) doesn't appear in the game view as in the screenshot. I've been careful to do everything precisely as in the tutorial, so I have no clue what's going on. I should say that I'm (very) new to Unity, if it makes any difference I'm working on a mac. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

gary-unikronsoftware

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Re: Problem in the Mole in the Whack-a-Mole tutorial
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 01:11:26 pm »
Hi,

Just to check a few things...

Is it just the mole you're not seeing?  Can you see the hole and the dirt okay?
If you double click on the mole object in the hierarchy window, can you see the mole in the scene view?
Does the mole not appear in the Game view at all, or only when you press the play button?

My first thought would be that maybe the mole isn't positioned correctly on the z-axis - remember the higher the z position value the farther it will be from the camera so it could be the case the mole is behind some of the background objects.  Alternatively, if the z position value is too small, the object could be behind the camera so won't be picked up by it.

At the end of the Game Objects tutorial page, you can download an example package of what your project should be like at that stage, so you can compare your project with ours to see if there's any differences.  Or you can package your project up and send it to support at unikronsoftware.com which will make it easier for us to troubleshoot.

lraC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 02:34:29 pm »
I actually didn't see the link to the file...  :-[ I checked everything you mentioned, all setting seems to be ok - still no mole. Then I downloaded the file from the tutorial and that worked as it should. I even deleted the hole, dirt, and mole and added them myself, this also worked. So I still have no idea what went wrong in the original file, but from now on I'll be working with the file I downloaded!  :D

Thank you very much for the fast reply by the way!

gary-unikronsoftware

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 02:41:50 pm »
Glad you have got it working.