Hello Guest

Author Topic: Problem in game Build size  (Read 4249 times)

Dipanker

• View Profile
Problem in game Build size
« on: September 17, 2013, 02:23:18 pm »
Hi
   In unity my game Assets folder size is 25.7MB but when I build my game and use in IOS device the memory usage it shows more than 300MB. I tried using Render Mesh Diced but it helps a little, but by compressing in texture setting the memory size reduces a lot but the problem is image pixels is not perfect or clear.
   So its their any way to reduce the size of game build please reply soon...

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Problem in game Build size
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 04:12:59 pm »
This is due to how Unity compresses textures on iOS (not very well). The assets folder size in Unity has no relation to the size of the asset size at all.

There is a way to do this by loading PNGs at runtime - the problem with this is that its a lot slower to load PNGs than it is a unity texture, but that feature is not ready yet - probably in 2D Toolkit 2.3.

Dipanker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 01:16:20 pm »
Hi unikronsoftware
    thanks for reply. I have one more questions, whenever I make any changes in sprite sheet like Dicing render mesh or some changes in sprite settings I noticed that the size of metadata inside Library keeps on increasing whether I use dicing and commit or default and commit. If I change the setting back to previous than the size of metadata should decrease?

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 01:31:19 pm »
I'm not sure what metadata you mean here - that's pretty much up to Unity when it wants to decrease or increase something. If you use text serialization and meta files, you can see the data that tk2d creates in there.