Hello Guest

Author Topic: Pre-purchase questions!  (Read 3671 times)

ericasalmon

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Pre-purchase questions!
« on: September 27, 2013, 04:48:22 pm »
I'm planning to use composite sprites composed of multiple, smaller sprites with different attach points. Is there built-in support for something like this with z-sorting? I don't know the technical terminology--just a skeleton with joints.

How easy is it to implement 2.5D? Do you just use the 2D toolkit classes for everything 2d and 3D models for anything you want to appear 3D?

Thanks for any answers (and apologies if this is the wrong place to ask)!

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Pre-purchase questions!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 11:19:54 pm »
2D Toolkit doesn't do skeletons, but it does have support for the SortingOrder property which will let you explicitly sort sprites without changing z values.

You can do 2.5d out of the box - sprites are simply objects that exist in 3D space, so you can position them as you wish, and have them interact with 3D obejcts too.

ericasalmon

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 04:33:23 am »
Thanks for the quick reply. I was looking at the road map and "https://trello.com/c/tDRrYL4w/2-attach-point-system" seems like it will work for me. I'll be buying soon!

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 10:10:35 am »
In case it isn't obvious from the roadmap - The attach point system is done and is in the current version.

ericasalmon

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 08:54:43 pm »
It wasn't immediately obvious from the roadmap, but I saw that the 2.2 final release is already out. Thanks again for the replies--it's definitely encouraging that your support's so excellent even for those who haven't purchased yet!