Hello Guest

Author Topic: Unable to Edit/Add sprites to Sprite Collections  (Read 4527 times)

UnicornForest

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Unable to Edit/Add sprites to Sprite Collections
« on: October 11, 2013, 11:25:24 pm »
Firstly I'd like to say thank you for 2d tool kit. I've used it day in and day out for over a year, on tons and tons of projects.  I've never really had an issue until today.

Today I was starting a new project so I updated unity from 4.2.0 to 4.2.2 and then updated 2dtoolkit to the lastest version as well 2.2 final. 

Since then I have not been able to add any sprites to sprite collections or edit existing sprite collections.   

When I create a new sprite collection everything looks normal, however when I go to drag in sprites the mouse cursor always stays as a circle with a line through it and it doesn't let me add any sprites.

When I try to edit an existing sprite collection it shows a broken empty window like the following:

All of this is happen in a completely new/empty project with only 2dtoolkit imported into it.

Now here is for the really strange part. I thought it might be a problem with unity 4.2.2 so I downgraded to 4.2.0 again but the issue is still there, even though it wasn't yesterday.
So I've been trying out various versions of 2dtoolkit with various versions of unity. It seems that old projects that were build with 2dtoolkit 1.92final and below seem to be working fine.
Anything versions newer then that seem to consistently give me this issue with any version of unity 4.2.0 and newer. It is very strange because I know that I have used versions of 2dtoolkit newer then 2 and versions of unity newer then 4.2 together just fine.  However when I go back to those projects now I have this same issue and cannot edit any of the sprite collections. Even if I install the  same versions of the unity and 2dtoolkit I used to make those projects.

I'm at a loss, any help would be appreciated.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Unable to Edit/Add sprites to Sprite Collections
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 11:45:12 pm »
Can you try 2D Toolkit > Preferences, and then "Reset Editor Sizes"?
I've seen a few cases where it resets when upgrading. Let me know how it goes.

UnicornForest

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Re: Unable to Edit/Add sprites to Sprite Collections
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 11:53:23 pm »
Thanks a ton. 2D Toolkit > Preferences>Reset Editor Sizes, seems to have fixed all these issues.