Hello Guest

Author Topic: transparent color in 2d toolkit, and removing duplicate tiles ??  (Read 3550 times)

Henrikc3

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Hey guys,

I'm very new to working with 2d textures, and am currently stompd by two issues. (Have searched forums and internet)
1. How may I remove color around sprites in 2d toolkit when making a tilemap and the files have a greenish color around them. (Hoping there is an alternative to opening every sprite manually and removing the transparent color in PS)

2. When creating tilemaps, 2d toolkit does not seem to be removing duplicates. I'm creating the tilemap out of spritesheets, and on the spritesheets there is a lot of the previously mentioned greenish color between each sprite. After "config"ing the sprite sheet and cutting it into pieces, there are sooooo many pieces with only the greenish color (100+) and hoping there again is another option except for me going in and deleting them manually (about 3 clicks per green tile)

Thanks for reading, and hope you are able to help!

-Henrikc3

PS:
Searched the internet, forums, and the FAQ section without finding the answers. If I somehow missed them, please point me in the right direction :)

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: transparent color in 2d toolkit, and removing duplicate tiles ??
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 11:17:31 pm »
1. The unity image loader doesn't support paletted transparency (assuming this is what you're using). If you have a large number of images that you need to convert from color key / paletted transparency to alpha transparency, I recommend using ImageMagick.

2. The duplicate sprites are intentionally created in the sprite collection, but they shouldn't exist in the atlas itself (the duplicates are automatically removed in the atlas). You shouldn't have to actually delete them. You can verify this by looking at the atlas texture 2D Toolkit creates.

Henrikc3

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Re: transparent color in 2d toolkit, and removing duplicate tiles ??
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 01:24:21 pm »
Thank you for the swift answer :)

And I'll look into the ImageMagick!