Hello Guest

Author Topic: [SOLVED] UI Button text not displaying properly  (Read 3696 times)

titonbrujah

• View Profile
[SOLVED] UI Button text not displaying properly
« on: November 08, 2013, 11:51:55 am »
Hi there,
I followed the tutorial at http://www.unikronsoftware.com/2dtoolkit/docs/2.10/ui/getting_started.html to the letter, but I got a different result than expected (see attached image)
Basically, the text is not displaying properly. Additionally, when I tried adding the button on one of the scenes in my game, it was very very *very* tiny, which I think is the cause of the text issue. I believe there might be some wrong configuration on my project, but I have no idea what it might be (bit of a Unity newbie here :-[)

Thanks in advance!

« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 12:27:21 pm by titonbrujah »

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: UI Button text not displaying properly
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 11:58:37 am »
Hi this is caused by a bug in Unity which is happeningly alarmingly more often :(

You can fix it by:

1. Click on TK2DROOT/tk2dUI_demo/Assets/Spritecollection/UIDemoSpriteCollection
2. Click Open Editor...
3. You will notice that under the fonts section, you may see one or more “Empty” entries. Click on it
4. Note the BMFont field is set to None, this is the link that has been lost. Click #1 as shown in the attached image to highlight and expand the folder in the project window, and drag #2 as shown in the image below into the slot.
5. Click Commit to commit the sprite collection, and the fonts should all fix themselves in the scene.

titonbrujah

• View Profile
Re: UI Button text not displaying properly
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 12:12:26 pm »
Awesome! Thanks a lot  ;D