Hello Guest

Author Topic: 2D Toolkit crashs all the time on newest android  (Read 3897 times)

Nilo

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
2D Toolkit crashs all the time on newest android
« on: November 10, 2014, 03:33:33 pm »
Hi,

first of all i'm using 2D Toolkit for a while now and never had problems anywhere till now. I recently updated my htc m8 to the latest version and since i did this my app is crashing almost permanently. It is working on every device and every OS except this one. It was hard to figure out where it crashs since there is not error displayed, the app just stops working. After days of debugging i found out that it's not my code which causes the crash but 2d toolkit internally somehow.  the easiest way to reproduce is calling unitys destroy function on any tk2dsprite multiple times. With multiple times i mean just call it on many objects, sometimes it crashs after 1 object sometimes after 15 but it's definatly the destroy function which breaks the app. It works perfectly with unitys sprites. also scaling over transform itself and fading tk2dtextmesh causes the app to stop. Anyway there are more situation where the app crashs. Just to clarify i made a new project with only 1 sprite (create and destroy).

Is it the newest update which is broken or is there really a bug? Every other app is working and all other thing from unity also. Maybe someone can help me out there?

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 2D Toolkit crashs all the time on newest android
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 05:18:40 pm »
I have no idea what it could be. Sounds to me like Unity doesn't like the meshes being destroyed - thats the only thing different tk2dSprites do. Try GLES3.0 if you're on 2.0, and also the opposite, I've seen Unity do some weird things running on some android devices (eg. try running anything nontrivial (just normal models, no tk2d) in GLES3.0 on Note4 = crash)

This can't be a 2D Toolkit bug if it only crashes on one piece of hardware, its a Unity / GL driver issue - if you can reproduce it 100%, send them a repro case.

Nilo

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Re: 2D Toolkit crashs all the time on newest android
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 09:49:07 am »
I always had it set to automatic, now i set it manually to GLE 2.0 and it fixed the Problem, thanks for the fast answere :). I don't know why but it works.