Hello Guest

Author Topic: Resolution questions  (Read 3655 times)

Woppix

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Resolution questions
« on: November 12, 2013, 12:08:35 am »
Hey, I just recently purchased 2dtoolkit to convert my game over to unity. My question is with my games resolution. My game uses a set sized game screen, kinda like what you would see in a puzzle game. Which means i can't zoom the camera out to show more of the background in order to target multi aspect ratio, however I of course need it to look well maybe even pixel perfect. I prefer to make the game take up the entire screen no matter what the device is rather than use black bars. This I'm sure will require multiple assets. Anyway, to the point now.. will i be able to accomplish this task with 2dtoolkit and unity free? I read somewhere that in order to use multiple assets I would need to use asset bundles in the commercial version. I have limited experience in unity so far so just want to be sure I can accomplish the task.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Resolution questions
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 09:54:42 am »
It really depends how much of your stuff you're going to reuse.
If you have a background, simply use Resources.Load to load the correct full screen texture in.

For the foreground sprites, use platform sprite collections.

To keep it pixel perfect, create a tk2dCamera and set up the override to pixel perfect.

Woppix

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 09:13:42 pm »
Awesome, went to check out platform specific collections in the documentation, didn't realize 2dtoolkit had them.

Also if you guys would add me to the private forum group when you get the chance will be awesome :) Sent a request in a while ago.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 10:47:29 pm »
Hey there I'm not sure if you got the reply or if it ended up in spam - we requested a copy of the PDF invoice as we couldn't verify the invoice number with Unity (the Unity asset stuff does weird things sometimes). Drop me an email at support at unikronsoftware.com and we'll sort this out.