Hello Guest

Author Topic: Tilemap: collider seems wrong if flip used on tile  (Read 4154 times)

ccampama

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Tilemap: collider seems wrong if flip used on tile
« on: November 27, 2013, 06:10:39 pm »
Hello again,

I'm using latest Unity with latest TK2D as of today. I have a tilemap consisting of 64x64 tiles. Then there is a ball colliding inside it. Everything has been fine until I found that if I have a slope of tiles (I rotate the gravity vector and the camera to "rotate the scenery" and make the ball roll) with some of them flipped and some of them not, the sphere collider of the ball seems to find hidden edges between the tiles, and it kind of jumps and collides strangely. The tiles all have a trimmed box as collider, and if the slope of tiles shares the same "rotation" (flip) among all the tiles composing it, then the collision is smooth and the ball rolls fine as it should. But if some of the tiles are flipped in one direction and others in a different one, then the ball collides wrong when passing over the union between two differently flipped tiles.

I'm not sure if I have been able to explain it in a clear way ?

Thank you very much in advance!

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Tilemap: collider seems wrong if flip used on tile
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 11:00:43 am »
Are you using 2d or 3d physics? Can you build a repro case for this and email to support at unikronsoftware.com? That will make it a lot easier to track down / fix this issue.

ccampama

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 09:52:31 pm »
I'm using 3D physics (well, the same before Unity 4.3). I have sent an email to support with a sample project and the instructions. Let me know if you need any further information. Thank you!

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 10:56:20 pm »
Thanks! I'll look into that ASAP.