Hello Guest

Author Topic: Sprite jitter problem from Prefab  (Read 3803 times)

mheydlauf

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Sprite jitter problem from Prefab
« on: January 14, 2014, 08:40:59 pm »
Hello,

I'm creating a 2d game and have modeled a motorcycle with individual sprites for the frame, wheels and suspension. I had everything working great, then I decided to create a Prefab from the motorcycle so that I could use it as a basis for creating other bikes.

Once I created a prefab from the motorcycle, I deleted it from the scene, and then readded it via the Prefab. However, now there is an extreme (I mean extreme!) jitter in the wheel and suspension sprites. I can't figure it out. Everything looks identical as to how I had it before I packaged it as a prefab. All of the rigidbodies are set to interpolate.

Any ideas what might have gotten lost in the Prefab creation process that could result in this pronounced jitter?  All of the sprites are tk2dSprites, but only the wheels and suspension are jittery.  I also made some additions to the sprite collection and moved some image files around, but I've rebuilt the sprite collection a couple times to no avail.  Also, while debugging I can clearly see the sprites out of sync with their underlying colliders.  I'm guessing this is not a 2d Toolkit problem, but I'm really stumped.

Many thanks for your time,
 Mike.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Sprite jitter problem from Prefab
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 10:44:09 am »
Are the sprites animated (using sprite animation, not transform animation)? I would try this using boxes / turn off graphics to rule out tk2d. It sounds really suspicious - I can't think of any tk2d related thing that could cause it except if you used sprite animation and animated colliders, but even then it doesn't explain why it would work outside a prefab vs instantiated prefab.