Hello Guest

Author Topic: attach points, how far to go?  (Read 3723 times)

micky

• View Profile
attach points, how far to go?
« on: November 28, 2013, 08:55:02 am »
So question - if you have a sprite that needs to change it's appearance in say, 3 different locations, are attach points the right way to do that? What happens when you a ton of these? It appears like just a rotated/moved sprite so maybe it's not a big deal?

I was just thinking if there was a better way if you had 50 different heads, bodies and limbs.. should I try and animate 3 different sprites and just use attach points for weapons, or should I just use attach points for any interchangeable stuff?

Just thinking..

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: attach points, how far to go?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 10:58:20 am »
There might be a better way to do that, but it really depends what the heads bodies and limbs do - if they move independently then you probably want to just use attach points. Of course what approach you choose will depend very much on your game, and how many sprites you want to process like this, what they actually do and so on.

micky

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 05:52:45 am »
Hmm so, in 4.3 if you have a bunch of attach points on a sprite and you set the sorting order for each attach point, does it get ignored? Changing the values doesn't seem to do anything.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 10:26:04 am »
Unity sorting order overrides everything else. You will need to set the sprite sorting order on each sprite, not just the main sprite.