Hello Guest

Author Topic: Animated Tiles  (Read 3921 times)

zeteginara

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Animated Tiles
« on: May 28, 2014, 12:24:28 am »
So, animated tiles.  Specifically, I'm making a tile-based river, and I want to animate the shoreline.  It's a simple, two-sprite animation.

Based on my limited knowledge, animated tiles is not something 'baked in' to 2d toolkit.  It's something on the docket list for future releases, but it doesn't exist now.

So I've been taking the animated tiles and manually putting them on the shoreline.  The going is extremely tedious because I have to manually position them.

I've heard that there is some way to include prefabs into a tilemap, using the data tab, and that would be excellent if I could actually place the animated tiles on the tilegrid.

So... is there any support 2dtoolkit can give me here?

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Animated Tiles
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 11:14:25 am »
You cant have animted tiles in the tile grid, but you can certainly create prefabs containing animated sprites, and simply paint them in like other tiles. The tilemap tutorial (http://2dtoolkit.com/docs/latest/tilemap/tutorial.html) goes through placing a physics object using the prefab system but the same thing applies to animated sprites - simply create the prefab with an animated sprite instead of the rigidbody etc.