Hello Guest

Author Topic: [Newbie]How to call an animation from codeandweb/Texturepacker (TP) to Unity 2D  (Read 5360 times)

koolj

• View Profile
I am new with Unity just 2-3 days, and i want to create a simple 2D animation via CodeAndWeb/Texturepacker (TP) & 2D toolkit be called via scripting.

I wish 2Dkit helps me.

My question is: How to call an animation from codeandweb/Texturepacker (TP) to Unity 2D by Javascript code? or C# code?
And i am going to buy 2Dtoolkit, how it support me to deal with assets that are generated from TP (2Dtoolkit atlas, sprite sheet format)?

After 2-3 days searching and learning through blogs, forums... i found that i could not, or is there possible way, to integrate an animation from TP to Unity 2D by calling from Javascript code/C#.

Is there anyone who got experience on TP and 2Dtoolkit, can you give me some help to solve my concerns. I implemented as following, if i did something wrong, or i followed the wrong way please help me out, thank you!:

Unity free version: 4.5.2.f1
TP version: 3.3.4

My scenario is:
1. I have several animation clip of an object (jump, glance, drop) that are generated from TP, of course as 2Dtoolkit format.
2. I want to call the anim jump to my scene, then random glance and drop on scene via C#/JS script. I mean that i want to call the anim actions from script, not dragging in to scene as some guides via some forums guide me. I want that way because i need to call specific anim when it needed

So how TP and 2Dkit support me these scenario? or
Am i going the wrong way to create animation?
Do i need to upgrade my Unity to PRO so i can do things as my scenario?

Thank you for your help and support. I appreciate all your comment.

longbottomup

• View Profile
Hi guy,
Just easy, please follow this channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_0gZuqW6y8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbPiCgCkHTE

Everything very easy if you begin slowly. 2D animation is very simple so that nobody care your topic.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I am new with Unity just 2-3 days, and i want to create a simple 2D animation via CodeAndWeb/Texturepacker (TP) & 2D toolkit be called via scripting.

I wish 2Dkit helps me.

My question is: How to call an animation from codeandweb/Texturepacker (TP) to Unity 2D by Javascript code? or C# code?
And i am going to buy 2Dtoolkit, how it support me to deal with assets that are generated from TP (2Dtoolkit atlas, sprite sheet format)?

After 2-3 days searching and learning through blogs, forums... i found that i could not, or is there possible way, to integrate an animation from TP to Unity 2D by calling from Javascript code/C#.

Is there anyone who got experience on TP and 2Dtoolkit, can you give me some help to solve my concerns. I implemented as following, if i did something wrong, or i followed the wrong way please help me out, thank you!:

Unity free version: 4.5.2.f1
TP version: 3.3.4

My scenario is:
1. I have several animation clip of an object (jump, glance, drop) that are generated from TP, of course as 2Dtoolkit format.
2. I want to call the anim jump to my scene, then random glance and drop on scene via C#/JS script. I mean that i want to call the anim actions from script, not dragging in to scene as some guides via some forums guide me. I want that way because i need to call specific anim when it needed

So how TP and 2Dkit support me these scenario? or
Am i going the wrong way to create animation?
Do i need to upgrade my Unity to PRO so i can do things as my scenario?

Thank you for your help and support. I appreciate all your comment.

2D Toolkit doesn't support this scenario - in this case, you'll need to set up the sprite collection in 2D Toolkit / unity, you will then be able to create the animation sequences. The tutorials here go through the required sequence - http://www.2dtoolkit.com/docs/2.5/