Hello Guest

Author Topic: Strange tilemap bugs  (Read 15771 times)

fsadeq

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Re: Strange tilemap bugs
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2012, 07:05:52 pm »
So I just got that bug again where my palette completely disappears. I have no idea how it happened, just out of the blue. If I re-create a new tilemap, it still doesn't fix it. I'm guessing it has to to with the sprite collection, but I can't figure out what's going on. Why would the palette not be showing up at all? Thanks.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2012, 11:12:23 pm »
I can't think of any reason off hand, but try this:

Create a new scene to reset all data.
Select the tileMapEditorData object, switch to inspector debug mode, and then expand "Palette Brush".
Enter 0 into the Brush Hash field - this will reset the brush hash and force a rebuild next time it is used.
Open up your scene again, and see if it has improved?

Open up the sprite collection, look for sprite id = 0, does it exist, and is it a decent size?

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2012, 11:20:08 pm »
If you're no better off, if possible, send me a reprocase - you can blank out all textures/atlases - I don't need to see any of that.

fsadeq

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2012, 04:52:19 am »
Hey, thanks for this. I re-created the sprite collection before I got to read your response, so I'm good for now. Though I will make sure to try out these things if it happens again. Thanks!

Kirb

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2013, 07:29:27 am »
I'm also getting this behavior (the disappearing palette) for one of my sprite collections;

I can still select any of the tiles, and it will still be previewed under the current brush. But I just can't see any of the palette!

Tried refreshing the brush hash, no go.
Sprite id = 0 is in the collection and looks normal to me.

I noticed that it began to occur around when I split the map's tiles from 32x32 into 64x64.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 07:40:20 am by Kirb »

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2013, 10:58:26 am »
@Kirb - can you please send me a repro case for this? I think I know what is going on, but hard to tell for sure without looking at it.

On another note, the hack required for the tilemap palette is no longer required. I will be rewriting it so it supports scrolling in a future update.