Hello Guest

Author Topic: Index is wrong  (Read 3161 times)

Rufuscrim

• View Profile
Index is wrong
« on: August 26, 2014, 06:29:55 pm »
So I want to start by saying that this has been a long-running issue I've been having... I've had to roll back my entire project to a backup at least 3 times due to something similar to this happening and it's very frustrating.

What's happening now is that simply by adding new sprites to a sprite collection, the index breaks in an obvious way, instead displaying part of one sprite and part of another in the scene. In the actual sprite collection editor, the sprite listing appears fine.

I've tried a number of things to fix it to no avail, from recommitting the sprite sheet to Rebuilding Index, to deleting the -tk2d file, even to deleting the sprite sheet texture itself and recommitting. Nothing works.

Rufuscrim

• View Profile
Re: Index is wrong
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 07:56:35 pm »
Wanted to add that upon reverting to the last good state, as soon as I add a single new sprite and commit, the whole index breaks. Upon deleting that sprite and committing again, it goes back to normal. I have plenty of empty space left in my atlas.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 09:53:14 am »
This sounds suspiciously like your project is broken. Select the sprite collection object, click the little cog icon and View Data. Is the "Sprite Collection" slot empty, does it point to the right thing? In the data folder are there many prefab objects?

After the sprite breaks, does reloading the scene help or is it broken completely?

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 10:00:24 am »
If you can submit your project or a broken subset of it to support at unikronsoftware.com, I'll be happy to take a look.