2D Toolkit > Releases

2D Toolkit 2.5.3

(1/5) > >>

unikronsoftware:
Please read the migration guide before updating. 2D Toolkit 2.x is not API compatible with 1.x.
http://unikronsoftware.com/2dtoolkit/docs/2.4/migration_guide.html

Documentation available at:
http://unikronsoftware.com/2dtoolkit/docs/2.5

Be sure to run "Setup for JavaScript" after importing if you're using JavaScript/UnityScript or Boo.

What's new

* Support for flat colors instead of interpolated colors in a tilemap
* Generate normalized UVs - used in tilemap to simplify creating procedurally / shader animated tiles
* Official support for Unity Windows Mobile and Windows Store in Unity 5
* Linked sprite collections - allows creating parallel atlases for normal maps, etc. that match the layout of the base atlas. Docs here
* Basic post build sprite collection callback, tk2dSpriteCollectionBuilder.OnPostBuildSpriteCollection to be notified when a sprite collection is built.
* Updated to work with Unity 4.6 and 5.0 (Hierarchy "Create" menu moved into "2D Objects")
* Exported with Unity 4.6.3. Previous Unity versions are not officially supported but all 4.x should work, we will fix issues if they arise. 3.x versions are no longer supported.
Bug fixes and improvements

* Fixed tilemap bug introduced in 2.5.2
* Unity 5 sprite disappearing bug fixed
* Fixed bug with tk2dUITextInput when with platform specific fonts.
* Dont complain about null fonts that dont need material instances.
* tk2dTextMesh can now be resized in the viewport when word wrap is enabled.
* MarkDynamic on dynamic meshes
* Fixed allocation in tk2dSpriteAttachPoint
* Unity free skin bugfix
* Confirmation before Setup for JS
* Scrollablearea divide by zero
* iOS workaround for Unity bug (keyboard.text behaves differently on iOS than all other platforms)
* Fixed a null reference error going from lit to unlit materials
* Fixed DX11 1/2 texel offset tk2dCamera bug
* Menu option to rebuild all sprites (when they disappear) until there is a better solution
* sprite collection editor, added scrollbar to attach point list
* Added iPhone6 and 6+ resolutions to tk2dCamera

mrkake:
Hi,
I'm not totally sure but I think there can be a bug introduced here, as my game stopped working.

I checked the line where I'm getting the error - tk2dTileMapMeshBuilder.cs line 61.

colorChunk is null, and there is a null reference exception trying to read the values from it.
Strange because line 31 above is checking it's null, but it doesnt stop the code from continuing.
And I see like 79, if (useColor), but this would clearly never be reached.

unikronsoftware:
Yeah, my bad :( I'll fix it.
Thanks for reporting it.

Update -
Fixed: Incremented version number to 2.5.3

mrkake:
tested , its working now :)

thanks! you rule :)

DNA-Studios:
Hey folk,

Thanks a lot for this update, especially for the sprites disappearing :-) However, I get a strange behaviour when trying to patch the API:

* I first download the package and extract it with python
* I remove the old version of 2D Toolkit
* I import the files into Unity (tried both inside and outside Unity)
* Unity asks me to run the update manager because the library uses some obsolete methods
* Regardless of what I chose above (automatic update of scripts or if I update them myself), all the tk2d scripts are then displayed as "missing behaviours" in the scenes. Not a single error appears in the console and when I run the game, none of my scripts are able to access a tk2d script.
Any clue about that ? We use Unity 5.0.2 and the TK2DROOT folder is set in a Libraries folder (/Assets/Libraires/TK2DROOT). Integrity checker gives me a full list of incorrect files.

Thanks again.

DNA Studios

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version