Hello Guest

Author Topic: Sprite and Animation Collection wont change their names [SOLVED]  (Read 5343 times)

coldMaster

• View Profile
Just started using the 2d toolkit and having a problem :(
Sprite and Animation Collection wont change their names no matter what I do.

Nothing is solving it I'm unable to change the names on unity, and when I change the name on Finder (I'm on mac) to something like "MainCharCollection" the name does change inside unity, but when I open Sprite Animation and try to find a Collection the name still the original "SpriteCollection"

this is how it looks like when I'm searching for the name inside of SpriteAnimation
Sprite Collection, Sprite Collection 1, Sprite Collection 2, Sprite Collection 3, Sprite Collection 4... Sprite Collection 25.... you get it.

The project is new, I have just started and 2d toolkit is the only one on it besides my sprites.

Im using 2D toolkit Version 2.5.6
and Unity 5.3.3f1

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 01:35:24 pm by coldMaster »

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Sprite and Animation Collection wont change their names
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 11:13:28 pm »
Hi there,

If you rename it - you'll need to rebuild index, that will update the names.

coldMaster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 02:03:32 am »
I took some screenshots and made a detailed report on it maybe Im doing something wrong
and I'm overlooking it, not sure.

First I upload a bunch of sprites to a folder in this case a folder called “Man”

Them I create a tk2d Sprite Collection

I change the name (I tried doing the rebuild index before adding something to it, but that just made the
name go back to the original, and doing after it changed nothing but there is a new folder anyway with the name I changed it to)

I add sprites to it and commit

it creates a folder with the name I made and inside it I can see the collection I made
(the original still on the sprites folder, not sure if that's normal)
edit: I tried deleting the original later to make sure it was not calling it or something
but that changed nothing.

Them I create “Sprite Animation”
(in this case I made it inside of the collection folder, have created it on different folders but got the same results)

I try to change the name

and rebuild the index, the name does not change I tried also rebuilding the index at different steps
(Before, and after I change the name, or after I make an animation) none changed the name

When I’m inside The sprite animation and search for collections the only ones I find are these,

I cant find the one with the new name but if I click on SpriteCollection it will have the sprites of
the new collection I made, also if I create multiple sprite collections the names will only be
SpriteCollection, SpriteCollection 1, SpriteCollection 2 and so on.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 02:25:21 am by coldMaster »

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2016, 02:43:52 pm »
Hiya,

You're not renaming the prefab doing it the way you are, you should select it in the project window, press enter (F2 on windows I think...) and rename it in the project window. That should work as you'd expect it to.

coldMaster

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2016, 01:34:25 pm »
Thank you!!! lol

Now that I'm doing the correct way its working fine (obviously) and I cant believe I overlooked this...
I knew I was doing something stupid XD

anyway even with myself doing this kind of mistake 2D toolkit is being extremely useful!!