Hello Guest

Author Topic: Isometric Layering  (Read 4138 times)

Ironclad

• View Profile
Isometric Layering
« on: June 25, 2014, 09:30:32 pm »
Hello,

I have a question about an issue I seem to be having with isometric layering. I have an isometric tile map with a ground layer for grass and an objects layer for trees / rocks. I want to have a sprite character (prefab) walk around, but for some reason, I'll get it so that the character can walk behind a tree but anything in the Y axis above the character on the same layer will overlap the character. I've tried putting the character on the objects layer, on it's own layer and off of the tile-map altogether, but as a prefab, I can't figure out how to get it to be both, behind objects below it on the map and in front of objects above it. Is it possible?

Thank you for your time.  :)

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Isometric Layering
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 10:02:08 pm »
It is possible with a few changes here and there. Take a look at this thread (http://2dtoolkit.com/forum/index.php/topic,1506.msg9938.html#msg9938) that goes into a little detail about how to enable offsets in tilemap layers / rows / columns. This will let you position your sprite at a particular location explicitly. This only works well when you're using alpha tested (cutout) shaders, though. Without that, you'll have to make your partitions 1 row high so you'll have a z gap between rows, where you can fit your characters in.

cniinc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 11:35:36 pm »
Hello, I'm looking into this as well. The link you posted doesn't seem to work - it just goes to the 2D toolkit form page. Is there somewhere I could find that information?

ricke

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 01:56:11 pm »
@cniinc - that's strange.  I tried the link in Chrome / Firefox / Internet Explorer and it took me right to the forum thread that unikronsoftware was talking about, so it doesn't appear broken to me.  :)