Hello Guest

Author Topic: Flipped tiles in a tilemap  (Read 6353 times)

mfcas

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Flipped tiles in a tilemap
« on: January 23, 2013, 04:38:51 pm »
I need to place a flipped tile from the palette on the tilemap, can this be done without creating additional sprite?

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Flipped tiles in a tilemap
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 05:06:27 pm »
This isn't supported yet.
You can create a duplicate of the sprite, flipped in the sprite collection editor, though I appreciate its a massive pain to do this. It will be supported properly in a future version.

MaaS

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 09:47:05 pm »
I'll add myself to this request :)... Right now I have lots of tiles duplicated that could be just one tile flipped or rotated 90?...

Also, i'll think about a palette creation utility based on a tilemap, for placing the tiles, maybe storing there some tiled drawing you'll use continuously...

Thanks! :)

iamagiantnerd

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 08:38:53 pm »
I'm bumping and putting my $.02 in for getting this feature done. Would save my artist lots of time as we're about to re-do a bunch of different tiles  ;D

Thanks!

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 11:14:03 pm »
I'll definitely do it in the next iteration of the tilemap system.

iamagiantnerd

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 04:37:53 pm »
Any idea when that might be :) ? We're just at the point where we need to re-do our map tiles to have all the rotated/flipped variations, which we'd hate to do if this feature is imminent.  If you imagine that this might be available soon-ish, we'll hold off. Otherwise, we'll just create the variations.

Thanks!

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 04:48:27 pm »
Probably after 1.92, but please don't hold me accountable to that if it doesn't happen then.

If you'd like me to go through whats required, I could do that... Or, what might be much much simpler, is to write a simple plugin to the sprite collection editor, to automatically create the 4 orientations from each sprite, so you won't have to do it by hand every single time.

iamagiantnerd

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 04:48:01 am »
I'm wouldn't hold you to anything, you already provide great value for the cost of tk2d.

I haven't really dug into the source code for much of the tilemap stuff, but I'm willing to give it a try if you want to point me in the right direction. Or that plug-in bit you talked about, if that's much simpler, would be awesomeness.