Hello Guest

Author Topic: 2D Toolkit 1.90 final  (Read 15340 times)

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
2D Toolkit 1.90 final
« on: January 27, 2013, 10:11:29 pm »
As with all beta releases, exercise caution when upgrading. Make sure you have a back up!
Changes in italics.

Features:
- New sprite animation editor. You can preview animations and it has a really flexible plugin system. Data is (should be) 100% compatible.
- Documentation update to reflect new interface, coexists with old pages until 1.90 final is out.

Bugfixes and improvements:
- New sprite thumbnail cache system, much much more efficient and doesn't care or use source images even in the inspector.
- Runtime sprite collection warns when shader is inaccessible (due to not being in resources) instead of displaying a black quad
- Script execution order. All tk2d scripts execute early, hopefully earlier than any user scripts. Avoids ambiguity and situations where awake happens after user script awakening causing nasty runtime issues.
- "1:1" fix, wasn't working in certain situations
- tk2dCamera has internal zoomScale which can be used to zoom into the screen
- tk2dIndex copes with uncommitted fonts
- tk2dTextMesh InitDictionary bugfix
- Material id corrected with multiple atlases
- Runtime sprite collection code creates unset collider instead of None.
- Creating a new tk2dCamera will set camera.main if one doesn't exist already.
- Collidertype is Unset by default instead of None.
- Fixed tangent generation for sprites.
- Shaders use float texcoord instead of half, fixes a filtering/precision issues on iOS (PVR)
- Blank sprite / animation names not displayed in the selection popup
- When creating and deleting entries in a sprite collection, surplus files are deleted instead of being orphaned, eg. creating and deleting a font will delete the font prefabs.
- Error when sprite collection is in a resources directory, warn when sprite source textures are in a resources directory.
- Physically double sided sprite option instead of relying on a double sided shader.
- Fixed some code to work better with the default MonoDevelop project
- Single frame mode works as intended
- Added , and . keys to scrub frames
- tk2dAnimatedSprite.IsPlaying(clip) will tell you if that clip is currently playing
- Text animop, you can now type in frame names in a list
- Persistent editing, you can now go in and out of play mode, reload scripts, etc. and still have correct data.
- Bugfix: Deleting a point in sprite collection polygon editor doesn't deselect the current selection.
- Packed font (experimental feature - http://unikronsoftware.com/2dtoolkit/doc/advanced/packed_fonts.html)
- Bugfixes for tilemap TMX importer, now supports a few other format variants, and more reliably warns when an incompatible variant is detected.
- Stop user from selecting sprite collection with 0 sprites.
- texelSize corrected for platform specific sprite collections. sliced sprites, fonts, and other features which rely on this work as expected now.
- Fixed "resources" warning, now has a scrollbar and no more duplicate entries.

DannyB

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
    • Chicks Ahead
Re: 2D Toolkit 1.90 final
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 10:38:19 pm »
Nice.

What is this exactly:
"Single frame mode works as intended"

Or more specifically, is there any serious problem with the previous version?
I cannot upgrade as I am at the "final stretch" and I am using single frame mode, so wondering if there is something wrong with it.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 10:43:44 pm »
It was a bug in the new animation editor - when I first implemented it, I'd totally borked the single frame mode implementation. To be more specific, the editor didn't correctly ensure that there was only one frame in single frame mode :) Also, the preview didn't work when the clips wrap mode was set to single.

It only affects you if you're on an earlier 1.9 beta

sfbaystudios

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 12:24:12 am »
I posted in your forums, but I think the problem I'm having with "Unknown identifier: 'tk2dTextMesh'.", could be from the new version, which I re-downloaded two days ago from the asset store.  The original project uses the older version, and the code does not throw an error.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 05:02:00 pm »
Have you run 2D Toolkit > Setup for Javascript?

tayl0r

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 04:42:02 pm »
Nice job with this latest version. None of my stuff broke with the upgrade (only took about 5 minutes to integrate it with my project) and you have some really good fixes here =)

I do have a bug report for you though, you may or may not already know about it. I started using the Static Sprite Batcher and I noticed that when you Edit previously Commited sprites, it doesn't preserve their Layer. It's quick to just reapply the layer but it would be nice if the Static Sprite Batcher did it when it re-created them.

Cheers!

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 07:20:25 pm »
@tayl0r - that isn't really a bug. When the final mesh for the static sprite batcher is constructed, there is no way to represent layers - everything is folded into one mesh by that point. It doesn't remember the layer setting, as there isn't any way for it to use it.

kremedved

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 08:10:12 pm »
If I create a sprite with collider type "ForcedNone" and then add tk2dButton to object is still created BoxCollider.
And if i write

tk2dSprite inventory;
inventory.boxCollider.enabled = false; //UnassignedReferenceException: The variable boxCollider of 'tk2dSprite' has not been assigned. You probably need to assign the boxCollider variable of the tk2dSprite script in the inspector.

if
inventory.GetComponent<BoxCollider>().enabled = false; //all fine!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 08:16:32 pm by kremedved »

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2013, 11:24:35 pm »
You must have a collider for the button to work, otherwise it will not work, it needs a collider to detect clicks...