Hello Guest

Author Topic: Small Suggestion for sprite collection  (Read 2973 times)

DanTsukasa

• 2D Toolkit
  • I love Games Design
    • View Profile
    • Team Ekko
Small Suggestion for sprite collection
« on: February 14, 2013, 06:36:16 pm »
Hi Guys

I've mentioned this to Unikron on twitter before a little while ago so this post is more to see if anyone else is interested in this fix. (I want to say quick fix, but I don't know how quick it would be.

As you can see in my image below I've split a spritesheet (2048x2048) into sprites and am now renaming things slowly to create neatly organised batches of frames.

However 2dtk automatically groups things by the first number, so you often get a list like this:

Code: [Select]

The same for numbers begining with 2,3,4,5,6,7 and so on.

I figured a good quick fix for this would be to add padding to them, possibly requesting how much padding is required, though I shouldn't imagine anyone would need more than 3 frame padding.

So then a file list would look something like this
Run_001
Run_002

Then once we hit the 10's the sequence would still be listed in order

Run_010
Run_011

Another small but slightly more complicated to put in, would be a group rename, so say for example I selected frames 001-0011, these are my Run frames, once I select them I rename them all in batch so they're all called Run (frame no.)

The idea is that it would then renumber all the renamed frames from 1-whatever, but keeping the current frame padding but if its say 040 originally, it now gets renamed to 001, thus all your sequences start at 1, of course it could not renumber them at all and it'd still be easy enough to find in the animation collection either way.

Does anyone else think this is a good idea at all?

If my explanation needs a little more explaining I'd be happy to provide some more images and detail things out a little more.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Small Suggestion for sprite collection
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 10:06:37 pm »
Yup I agree this will be useful. I'm gonna implement the sorting stuff soon (I think there is code for that somewhere, just need to find it).