Hello Guest

Author Topic: Cannot set SpriteCollectionData in the SpriteCollections Editor settings tab  (Read 3321 times)

derricklevy

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Hi,
I moved and renamed a  SpriteCollection and SpriteCollectionData folder in my Unity project and then opened the editor for the SpriteCollection I changed-- none of the sprites that were there were shown. To try to fix this,  I went to "Settings" tab in the Sprite Collection Editor and saw the "Data object" setting. When I click on this and try to point it to the renamed SpriteCollectionData folder, the only options that are given in the selection window are "None" and "tk2dSpriteCollectionData". Why cant I point this to an existing SpriteCollection and have the reference repaired?

I have seen several problems when moving and renaming SpriteCollections and SpriteCollectionData assets in Unity. What is the best way to move and rename these while avoiding broken references? Can it be safely done ?

Thanks

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Reconnecting that one field won't be sufficient to sort everything out, everything else will be broken by then.

It can be safely done, but you MUST have meta files turned on
(http://docs.unity3d.com/Documentation/Manual/ExternalVersionControlSystemSupport.html)
or use unity packages to transfer from one project to another.

Otherwise you'll lose all references.