Hello Guest

Author Topic: Paid, Seeking Android publisher with many Android devices  (Read 24518 times)

fattie

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Paid, Seeking Android publisher with many Android devices
« on: March 03, 2013, 10:12:19 am »
Hello, when publishing for Android, a problem is, one needs a lot of devices for testing.

Do you have a big pile -- ten plus - Android devices?

If so we would PAY you to test builds on a project.

For example if you have twenty Android devices, we might pay say $500 or $1000 for you to test a project on all of those.

(Call it $50 a device, something like that.)

(Obviously the three or four most common Android devices, even Android-babies like ourselves would already have - so I mean other than the most obvious devices.)

When I first got in to Android development, I assumed this would be a very common need.  I assumed there would be any number of "Android testing studios" that do nothing other than have a pile of Androids, and charge $8 per device to test.  However I have not been able to fund any such shops.

dotty

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Re: Paid, Seeking Android publisher with many Android devices
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 10:10:53 pm »
I've got a HTC Desire HD, HTC Hero and Samsung Galaxy S2. Can I help?

kain199077

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 10:28:27 am »
I have a pile of android devices ,galaxy y ,mini,to Galaxy S2 ,S3 ,Note 2 ,etc .

x8105

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 05:26:45 am »
Dang we just got rid of 2 other devices... but we have 4 phones and 2 tablets, HTC Evo, Samsung GalaxyS3,  IDEOS, Huawei, tablets, misc others, all  depends on what the tests entail, how often, envolved, reporting / feedback so on,,,

nikolic

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 07:12:35 pm »
I guess you already have some of these, but here is the complete list of the devices I own:

ARMv7
Samsung Galaxy Note
Samsung Galaxy S2
Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus
Samsung Galaxy Mini 2
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

ARMv6 (work with Unity)
ZTE Skate
Samsung Galaxy Y
Alcatel OT-990

The following devices are not mine, but I access those almost every day at work:

ARMv7
Sony Ericsson Arc S
HTC One X

ARMv6 (work with Unity)
Samsung Galaxy Ace
Samsung Galaxy Mini

--

If you are interested in only couple of these, I will be happy to test your project for free.

Note for ARMv6
Not sure if you'll go with ARMv6 at all, but in my experience, ARMv6 based devices are good enough if your game is not too cpu/gpu complex.
My two games, both 2D and not too complex, work without any issues on ARMv6 phones listed above.
Of course, if you use Unity4, these phones are out.