Hello Guest

Author Topic: proper way to update 2d toolkit?  (Read 4179 times)

Afro-Ninja

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
proper way to update 2d toolkit?
« on: March 15, 2013, 04:29:47 am »
Sorry if this is a bit basic and I missed the answer somewhere, but what is the proper way to update 2dtoolkit in my project?

I downloaded 2dtoolkit several months ago and started a project, now I would like to update my version to take advantage of new features. do I just re-download from the asset store and over-write my TK2DROOT folder? I'm particularly interested in applying basic lighting to my sprites (I use 2dtk sprites but not the camera)

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: proper way to update 2d toolkit?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 11:24:19 am »
That is pretty much it.
Create a backup of your project before updating in the unlikely event that something goes wrong, but apart from that you should be fine.

Afro-Ninja

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 01:06:24 am »
thanks, everything is all updated. although it looks like the lighting effect I want to achieve is essentially the 'flashlight' update that I've seen you discussing in the other forum. I take it there's no other way to apply a basic lighting effect to my 2d sprites at this point? (sort of like what is achieved in terraria)

if not I eagerly await the add-on and would gladly pay for it.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 01:10:16 am »
That add-on will be coming real soon after 2.0 is out (and 2.0 is very likely to be out shortly after 1.92 final is released).