Hello Guest

Author Topic: tk2dCamera overrides  (Read 3865 times)

Tongie

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
tk2dCamera overrides
« on: March 19, 2013, 05:42:32 pm »
I cant figure out how to use this. I cant bring my build to webplayer 320x480 where my 2dtkcamera native resolution is 960x480. what do i need to do? do i have to manually add overriddes and code which overrides to use or just add a few overrides to couple of different resolution and it will auto do scale the resolution?? Thanks alot for answering...

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: tk2dCamera overrides
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 08:09:42 pm »
The question is what do you want to get out of it? The overrides let you configure a lot, but it really depends on what you want to do when scaled down to that resolution. Eg. do you want to letterbox? Do you want to stretch?

m4ko

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 11:59:15 am »
I am interested in this aswell. The documentation is a little scarce on this. Haven't tested this feature myself yet - but for my project one of the late goals is to be able to scale the application like this:

normal: 1200x900
target: 2048x1536

These have the same aspect ratios   1 : 1.333...

And if possible not only "stretch" the sprites but  exchange them with higher quality sprites (of the same ratio increment for pixel perfectness) for the higher resolution.

I guess I need to do resolution overrides and use multiples atlases? Is there an automation for this?

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 11:22:41 pm »
If they only have one aspect ratio, all you need to do is add one override, and not change any of the settings. Everything else is handled automatically.

If you want to exchange with higher quality sprites, look into this feature:
http://unikronsoftware.com/2dtoolkit/doc/advanced/platform_specific_sprite_collections.html