Hello Guest

Author Topic: Camera Overrides and Unity Target Resolution  (Read 5339 times)

meta87

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Camera Overrides and Unity Target Resolution
« on: March 20, 2013, 05:34:07 pm »
I'm running into some performance issues on the dreaded iphone 4. After doing some profiling I'm pretty sure its a gpu/fill rate issue. So I'm trying a few different things..

When I change the Target Resolution in the player settings to best performance it seems like the tk2dcamera overrides are still detecting the device's resolution as 960x640. Do they detect the native res no matter what the target resolution is set to?

Another idea I came up with was to use the tk2d platform options and load in lower res images that stretch specifically for the iphone 4. I haven't totally wrapped my head around the fill rate stuff though. Would that help with this issue in your opinion? Thanks!

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Camera Overrides and Unity Target Resolution
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 11:27:15 pm »
The tk2dCamera detecting 960x640 shouldn't make any difference to the result, the scale will still be correct and that is all that matters. However, please do check that the resolution is actually changing. Maybe with a high res dither image or something.

meta87

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Re: Camera Overrides and Unity Target Resolution
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 05:30:38 pm »
Thanks for the reply Unikron.

Turns out I needed to specifically add ipod4 to the quality settings in Xcode. Now the tk2d camera override is detecting the screen at 480x320.