Hello Guest

Author Topic: 2D Toolkit 1.92 beta 3  (Read 17135 times)

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
2D Toolkit 1.92 beta 3
« on: March 20, 2013, 06:50:12 pm »
As with all beta releases, exercise caution when upgrading. Make sure you have a back up!

Features:
- Full undo/redo support & multi-edit support in all scene instances
- Runtime TexturePacker import
    o tk2dSpriteCollectionData.CreateFromTexturePacker, non-XML/JSON simple format, can be written so it doesn't allocate any memory
    o TexturePacker 2D Toolkit exporter is in "tk2d/Goodies/TexturePacker"
    o Sliced/clipped/tiled sprites now supported
- Clipped sprite - a hard clipped sprite implementation, now part of the distribution (based of Clipped Sprite Sample)
- Tiled sprite - tiles the same sprite multiple times to fill given dimensions
- Use color32 instead of color, should require a lot less memory
- Sliced sprite "Draw Border Only" mode, just draws the sliced border only omitting the filled middle.
- Sliced / Clipped / Tiled sprite have a "Create box collider" option which creates a tight fitting box collider, regardless of sprite collection setting.
- Demo scene #13, runtime sprite collection & texture packer import

Bugfixes and improvements:
- tk2dCamera doesn't update matrix unless it has changed.
- Added a (disabled by default) hack for Unity 4.x building with platform specific sprite collections.

fgielow

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Re: 2D Toolkit 1.92 beta 3
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 08:46:18 pm »
It it only me who cannot import the package? When I try to import it, unity crashes while compiling the scripts, and when I open it again, there are some errors.

I noticed this behavior with some other packages too, hence I do not know if it is a problem of the unitypackage or of my unity3d installation..

What is strange is that when I try importing "2dtoolkit1.92beta2.unitypackage" again it works, but not with beta3. Weird.

apbilyk

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 09:05:29 pm »
It crashed on me a couple times as well, but I thought maybe it was just me since Unity had crashed for different reasons for me earlier today.  When I deleted the tk2d and tk2d_demo folders and tried to import a 3rd time, it worked.

Edit: I'm using the newest Unity (4.1.0f4), and was upgrading from 1.92 beta 2.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 09:21:23 pm by apbilyk »

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 09:19:38 pm »
Anyone else have crashing issues? I've tested upgrading from various versions and not had any issues.
If you have any crashing issues please report what version of Unity you're using, and what version of tk2d you're upgrading from.

m4ko

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 08:40:47 am »
Working fine for me. Import in all 3 Projects worked fine. Unity 4.0 upgrade from Beta2->Beta3

fgielow

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 03:27:02 pm »
Anyone else have crashing issues? I've tested upgrading from various versions and not had any issues.
If you have any crashing issues please report what version of Unity you're using, and what version of tk2d you're upgrading from.

I am using Unity 4.1.0f4, and I was updating from 2dtoolkit1.92beta2 to 2dtoolkit1.92beta3.
After some tries and some folder deletions I got it working too, but the crash is easily reproducible here.
It seems to happen when Unity3d is compiling the scripts after importing them.

I had experienced this with some other packages before, hence I think it can be something related to Unity as a whole (last time it occurred with other package I even reinstalled Unity (removing also all user preferences files), but after a while it happened again with other packages, weird).

Thanks for the attention!

fsadeq

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 06:13:05 pm »
Actually, every single 2DTK and UITK package crashes my Unity 4.1.0f4. I didn't want to say anything since I didn't know if it was these packages (I have yet to import non-UnikronSoftware packages), but since it doesn't appear I'm the only one, it is worth noting. After Unity crashes, I get a bunch of erros and things are badly broken (materials seem to be jacked up), but then I just re-import the packages and then everything is fine.

meta87

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 06:40:20 pm »
No problems here. Windows Xp, unity 4.0.0f7 beta2 --> beta3

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 07:04:08 pm »
Actually, every single 2DTK and UITK package crashes my Unity 4.1.0f4. I didn't want to say anything since I didn't know if it was these packages (I have yet to import non-UnikronSoftware packages), but since it doesn't appear I'm the only one, it is worth noting. After Unity crashes, I get a bunch of erros and things are badly broken (materials seem to be jacked up), but then I just re-import the packages and then everything is fine.

How bizarre. So does it crash only when upgrading, or does it also do it when importing into a new project?

fsadeq

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 07:25:10 pm »

How bizarre. So does it crash only when upgrading, or does it also do it when importing into a new project?
I just tested it now on a new project and it was fine. I've only noticed this while upgrading.

phongtran72

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2013, 04:07:22 am »
This is a error that I have:

Assets/TK2DROOT/tk2d_demo/tk2dDemoRuntimeSpriteController.cs(46,64): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `SpriteCollectionGenerator' does not exist in the namespace `tk2dRuntime'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

brussell

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2013, 04:43:33 pm »

I get the crashing, too. When I create a new project and import 2D Toolkit, it's fine. Then when I went to update 2D Toolkit to the latest release, it crashed on import. When I opened Unity after two or three tries, it finished importing upon open. It did the same thing again when I tried to update to the beta.