Hello Guest

Author Topic: 2D Toolkit UI 1.0 beta 3  (Read 54727 times)

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 2D Toolkit UI 1.0 beta 3
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2013, 11:59:27 pm »
All attachments were broken when switching to the new server :(
I've fixed all of them now (I hope), but you will have to force your browser to update cache to download the correct version.

Code

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2013, 02:23:08 pm »
So will the final be included in 2d toolkit? :D

spacejaguar

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2013, 05:22:06 pm »
Unity has a bug were if you disable the preview line above the keyboard when entering text on Android, you will be unable to use the delete key.
Just to let you know, I had the very same problem some weeks ago before using your UI solution. After I tried 2D Toolokit UI it i can see the same problem occurs. So in that case you must set: TouchScreenKeyboard.hideInput = false;

Is there a way to disable the resizing of the Android Game View when the keyboard appears on screen?Android decreases the entire size of the game Scene so that it fits the area view above the keyboard. It would be great if the keyboard would simply overlay the scene. I haven't found a solution for this yet. On iOS this does not happend.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2013, 10:36:59 pm »
Unity has a bug were if you disable the preview line above the keyboard when entering text on Android, you will be unable to use the delete key.
Just to let you know, I had the very same problem some weeks ago before using your UI solution. After I tried 2D Toolokit UI it i can see the same problem occurs. So in that case you must set: TouchScreenKeyboard.hideInput = false;

Is there a way to disable the resizing of the Android Game View when the keyboard appears on screen?Android decreases the entire size of the game Scene so that it fits the area view above the keyboard. It would be great if the keyboard would simply overlay the scene. I haven't found a solution for this yet. On iOS this does not happend.

Thanks for letting me know.

I don't know about resizing the game view on Android as far as I can tell it didn't do it on the Nexus7 I tested on - I just remember it overlaying the screen.

spacejaguar

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2013, 10:08:38 pm »
I haven't tested it on another Android device. Galaxy Nexus here.
It has nothing to do with with 2D Toolkit UI. If you call the keyboard using the unity commands this situation will always happen.
Example:

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2013, 11:08:13 pm »
I can't think of a platform agnostic way of sorting that out automatically, it is bound to be different, with different keyboards you could potentially install on Android ...

fsadeq

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2013, 03:17:25 am »
Does it make more sense to use this for on-screen touch control buttons, or to just use the tk2dButton?

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2013, 10:33:10 pm »
I suggest using this as the tk2dButton will be deprecated (possibly removed) in 2D Toolkit 2.0.

fsadeq

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2013, 04:54:54 am »
Are there plans to allow the user to set parameters for a UIItem's SendMessageTarget?

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2013, 07:38:06 pm »
By a parameter, would the tk2dUIItem caller be sufficient? I could actually change that right now - while it will break compatibility, it should be easy enough to fix.

fsadeq

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2013, 02:44:32 am »
It should be. So long as you are able to pass parameters to the target it doesn't really matter.