Hello Guest

Author Topic: "Argument Exception: Invalid Path" upon commit  (Read 7820 times)

thecontrarian42

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
"Argument Exception: Invalid Path" upon commit
« on: April 20, 2013, 11:45:39 pm »
whenever i try to commit any sprites or spritesheets in the SpriteCollection editor i get this:

ArgumentException: Invalid path
System.IO.Path.GetDirectoryName (System.String path) (at /Applications/buildAgent/work/b59ae78cff80e584/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/Path.cs:215)
tk2dSpriteCollectionBuilder.GetOrCreateDataPath (.tk2dSpriteCollection gen) (at Assets/TK2DROOT/tk2d/Editor/Sprites/tk2dSpriteCollectionBuilder.cs:440)
tk2dSpriteCollectionBuilder.Rebuild (.tk2dSpriteCollection gen) (at Assets/TK2DROOT/tk2d/Editor/Sprites/tk2dSpriteCollectionBuilder.cs:490)
tk2dSpriteCollectionEditorPopup.Commit () (at Assets/TK2DROOT/tk2d/Editor/Sprites/SpriteCollectionEditor/tk2dSpriteCollectionEditorPopup.cs:437)
tk2dSpriteCollectionEditorPopup.DrawToolbar () (at Assets/TK2DROOT/tk2d/Editor/Sprites/SpriteCollectionEditor/tk2dSpriteCollectionEditorPopup.cs:427)
tk2dSpriteCollectionEditorPopup.OnGUI () (at Assets/TK2DROOT/tk2d/Editor/Sprites/SpriteCollectionEditor/tk2dSpriteCollectionEditorPopup.cs:826)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Applications/buildAgent/work/b59ae78cff80e584/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

for the record im on Windows 8 32-bit and im using unity 4.1.2f1 and the most recent version of 2D Toolkit (i just downloaded it from the asset store). help please

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: "Argument Exception: Invalid Path" upon commit
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 11:50:37 pm »
Is this when imported into a brand new empty project? What else is in there? Where are the textures you're importing located? Does commiting a built in demo collection work?

thecontrarian42

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 11:56:27 pm »
so i just deleted and recreated the collection and loaded in the same texture and commited and it worked. before, when it wasnt working, nothing was in the scene except an instance of the collection and a camera. the textures were in the root of the assets folder and the collection was in a folder called prefabs. the only things i did differently this time were that i didnt have an instance of the collection in the hierarchy and that all i did before i commited was load in the texture as a sprite (before i had made a spritesheet and loaded it in that way, made a bunch of sprites and gave one colliders and an anchor before i hit commit)

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 11:59:00 pm »
How bizarre - there should never be an instance of the collection in the scene. Not sure what has gone wrong there, but please let me know if it happens again.

thecontrarian42

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 12:16:46 am »
ok good to know that i shouldnt put an instance of that in my scene. im really new, just bought it a few hours ago. i'll be sure to tell you if it happens again
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 12:29:36 am by thecontrarian42 »