Hello Guest

Author Topic: Problem With Particle System  (Read 4777 times)

OmegAlpha

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Problem With Particle System
« on: August 28, 2013, 08:03:49 am »
Hi!

I tried to find another post with this problem, but I couldn't, so here I am. I only found this but I dont think it works for me: http://unikronsoftware.com/2dtoolkit/forum/index.php?topic=1945.0

I am trying to use some particle systems outhere (fx mega pack, shuriken, etc), but the particles always render in front of my sprites. I noticed that the problem is coming from alpha shaders, but I need the alpha in the particles and in the sprites too...

is there anyway to solve this problem? I never programmed shaders yet, but maybe there is a solution from that side. Suggestions?

Thanks!!

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Problem With Particle System
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 11:30:27 am »
Are you using a perspective camera?

The standard Unity particle shaders sort fine with the tk2d shaders. It sorts based on the position of the particle emitter vs sprite, so move the emitter back in Z and it should work better that way.

I couldn't advise on any other packs from the asset store, etc. as I've not used them, but the same rules tend to apply.

Kirb

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Re: Problem With Particle System
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 10:33:51 pm »
OmegAlpha,

Was having similar trouble, try checking the Sorting Fudge in the Renderer of the particle system and messing around with it; fixed my problem.