Hello Guest

Author Topic: Hello! I want to ask did 2Dtoolt can make 2 collider on 1 frame pic  (Read 5124 times)

naktim

• View Profile
Hello! I want to ask did 2Dtoolt can make 2 collider or more on 1 frame pic

like my picture!

Can use to do a frame's attack collider, difference with his player get hurt's collider?

if not did have any other solution?

or future version will add?

Evil-Dog

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Yeah I wanna do the same thing, multiple colliders per frame.  My idea, haven't tried it yet, is to duplicate the animations and play them all but disable the renderer except the main one? Could work maybe? But not as cool as having multiple colliders in the animation system.

naktim

• View Profile
Evil-Dog I think that maybe can, but the Information operations will be increased double

I do not think a good thing when the player  meet  a lot of enemy

Hope tk2d official there have a better solution

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
We are planning for official multiple collider support, but only after 2D Toolkit 2.0 is released. We know how its going to be done and have working prototypes - just need to implement it now.

Evil-Dog

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Evil-Dog I think that maybe can, but the Information operations will be increased double

I do not think a good thing when the player  meet  a lot of enemy

Hope tk2d official there have a better solution

Absolutely, I said that before actually checking how 2DTk worked...I was in bed just now, anxious to come here and mention that my solution made no sense lol  I originally thought the colliders would be defined on the animations, in that case it would have worked but in the collection it would indeed duplicate the atlases and everything and makes no sense.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Why would it make sense to have the colliders on the animation and not the sprite? Surely each sprite will only have one configuration of colliders...
Multiple colliders is quite high up in the priority list for us, so if you can wait that will be the best option.

You could try to implement it yourself too - its not THAT bad really, the main problem is the tools aren't there. Runtime is pretty straightforward. If you want pointers on how to go about it I'm more than happy to share :)

Evil-Dog

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
What I'm saying is that my solution would have made sense if the colliders were setup on each frames of the animations. So you could duplicate the anim without duplicating the atlas data, play different anims at the same time with different colliders, to achieve the multi-collider feature.  But I was confused and found out the colliders were on the sprites, not on the animation frames.
But I could easily imagine situations were different colliders for the same animation would be useful, like the same character with harder hit boxes and that sort of thing.
I'm not saying the colliders don't make sense on the sprites though, the way 2dtk works is perfectly fine.  Works very well for me so far :)

For now I'll wait for the feature, if I need it badly before it officially comes, I'll bump this thread for some pointers if you don't mind me doing that.
cheers

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Good point - not thought of it that way.

Feel free to bump the thread in the future.