Hello Guest

Author Topic: 2D Toolkit 2.0 beta 1  (Read 71612 times)

fsadeq

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Re: 2D Toolkit 2.0 beta 1
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2013, 11:02:29 pm »
Really? How do you animate more than one sprite at the same time? And what is this sneaky use you speak of? ;D

x8105

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2013, 11:20:30 pm »
Facial animations and lipsyncing!!

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2013, 11:24:35 pm »
No lipsync of facial animation, but...

Since the animator is decoupled from the sprite itself, it can now animate a proxy object which doesn't do anything - but internally creating a bunch of hidden sprite children which don't get deleted - only one is enabled at a time. Sounds a bit crazy, but it gives you one big advantage - the cost of changing frames costs a lot less with this, and you can also have complex colliders (polygon colliders too!) animating. Its not something you want to use every time, but there are times this could be invaluable.

Another use - since the animator can also link up and play variants of the same animation in sync, so you can say Play("walk") and you can have all bodyparts animating correctly without having to sync everything up by hand.

fsadeq

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2013, 03:06:52 pm »
AWESOME - I can animated tiled sprites now! Super helpful.

fsadeq

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2013, 05:30:39 am »
Pretty big bug - not sure how to replicate it, thought. I was messing with a Static Sprite Batcher that also has children game objects. When I committed the batch, all the child objects disappeared. I then pressed 'edit' again on the batcher and then 'commit', and the children objects came back, only this time they were duplicated several times. I pressed edit/commit once again, and the children objects now doubled. If I keep doing this, the nested objects will just continue to double.

Sundaerae

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2013, 07:25:04 am »
is the pallete ordering for tilemap editor is available on this version?

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2013, 08:32:46 am »
is the pallete ordering for tilemap editor is available on this version?

No tilemap updates are isolated in a different branch at the moment, but it is very nearly ready - will be in 2.1. I'll be able to release a beta of that once 2.0 is out of the way.

p.s. if you want to try out what we have right now - update to 2.0 beta and send me a PM / message - I should be able to get you a snapshot. Its still a WIP, but its feature complete.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2013, 08:34:57 am »
Pretty big bug - not sure how to replicate it, thought. I was messing with a Static Sprite Batcher that also has children game objects. When I committed the batch, all the child objects disappeared. I then pressed 'edit' again on the batcher and then 'commit', and the children objects came back, only this time they were duplicated several times. I pressed edit/commit once again, and the children objects now doubled. If I keep doing this, the nested objects will just continue to double.

Can you email / PM what its printing out in the console? The double children bug only happens when there is an error and its broken out of the loop - it would certainly have printed out one or more errors in the console.

sofakng

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2013, 08:55:34 pm »
I'm new to Unity and 2D Toolkit but I'm extremely interested in a tilemap system...

I've sent you an e-mail :)

Arges

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2013, 11:09:03 am »
Is there a list of known animation issues?  After I converted everything from a tk2dAnimatedSprite to a Sprite Animator, I could not get a specific animation to play.  Digging into the code showed that id from the frame being obtained was on a different clip. I had previously run the integrity checker and it reported everything was OK.  The only thing odd was that Unity 4.1.2 crashed during package import, but it's been doing that more and more often.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 11:12:44 am by Arges »

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2013, 11:49:57 am »
There isn't a list of animation issues, but since its a beta there could be unknown issues.

How are you calling Play on the animation?
Can you distill this down to a basic repro case to send to support? Obv this is the quickest way to get the issue resolved.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2013, 02:41:26 pm »
Just uploaded docs from 2D Toolkit 2.0 beta 2
http://unikronsoftware.com/2dtoolkit/docs/2.00/

Moving forward docs from all future versions will be available at this address..
Code: [Select]
http://unikronsoftware.com/2dtoolkit/docs/[b]VERSION[/b]/Docs for 1.92 are also available.

DannyB

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
    • Chicks Ahead
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2013, 02:47:44 pm »
Moving forward docs from all future versions will be available at this address..

Excellent. Maybe also style the docs root page and make the main documentation link go to this (soon to be styled-) page.

No?

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2013, 03:38:52 pm »

Excellent. Maybe also style the docs root page and make the main documentation link go to this (soon to be styled-) page.

No?

Good idea. Added to todo.

Arges

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2013, 04:06:52 pm »
There isn't a list of animation issues, but since its a beta there could be unknown issues.

How are you calling Play on the animation?
Can you distill this down to a basic repro case to send to support? Obv this is the quickest way to get the issue resolved.

It's a simple "spriteAnimator.PlayFromFrame(clipName, frameNum)".   I stashed the changes to continue moving forward on the project, but will aim to get a small repro case done when I get a bit.