Hello Guest

Author Topic: 2D Toolkit 1.60 final  (Read 12570 times)

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
2D Toolkit 1.60 final
« on: March 27, 2012, 07:05:57 pm »
2D Toolkit 1.60 - New Sprite Collection editor!

FEATURE: New sprite collection editor with native Unity look and feel and massive workflow improvements
FEATURE: Much improved sprite sheet import - you can now import a sprite sheet with spacing & margins
FEATURE: You can now import fonts into sprite collections
FEATURE: Works with both Unity 3.4 and 3.5, and tested backwards compatibility with up to 2D Toolkit 1.10. It is likely to work with older versions, but it hasn't been tested.
BUGFIX: Fix for null pointer crashes on iOS
FEATURE: Compatiblity with tilemap editor

n0mad

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Re: 2D Toolkit 1.60 final
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 12:32:46 am »
yay !

kemp40

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 09:21:11 am »
Thank you!
New sprite collection editor rocks.

Izitmee

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
    • Holoville Games
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 12:57:38 pm »
New sprite collection editor looks nice, though I couldn't understand how we add sprites to the collection now?

Izitmee

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
    • Holoville Games
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 12:59:11 pm »
Oooops, found how. For some reason I didn't think of trying to drag into the panel until now. Sorry :P

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 01:21:50 pm »
Glad to hear you guys like the new editor!

With adding sprites, when you first create a new sprite collection, it shows you a "Drop textures here" box. The idea is once a user has done it once, it becomes second nature. I contemplated leaving that in there permanently, but it just got really confusing when dragging a texture into a spritesheet/font slot and there was a big UI element saying "drop textures here" at the same time.

I'm working on a quick video tutorial to introduce the new features / concepts here, hopefully that will help with existing users upgrading. Also, I tend to forget how long it takes to document new features, so thats coming soon as well.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 03:32:31 pm »
Just found a bug while creating the tutorial video...
It only happens when you create a new sprite collection, commit, and then create a sprite in the scene, and commit again (without closing down the editor). To fix it, add the following line in tk2dSpriteCollectionEditorPopup.cs, line 392:

Code: [Select]
spriteCollectionProxy.CopyToTarget();
tk2dSpriteCollectionBuilder.Rebuild(_spriteCollection);
spriteCollectionProxy.CopyFromSource();

It only occurs when doing this in particular, so any existing sprite collections will just work as normal. I clearly spent far too long testing various existing files for potential upgrade problems, and not the most obvious thing!

I'll release an update shortly that fixes it. In the mean time, please update the line above to fix the issue.

KyleStaves

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 05:32:21 pm »
Absolutely love the new editor. So much faster for making bulk edits, it's not even funny. Thank you for your continued efforts in making tk2d by far the fastest/easiest 2d solution for Unity!

Izitmee

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
    • Holoville Games
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2012, 09:30:57 am »
Have to agree with the above happy people :D It took me a little while to get used to the new sprite collection editor, but now I don't find it nice: I love it :) Thanks :)