Hello Guest

Author Topic: Creating tweens with HOTween Visual Editor  (Read 5286 times)

wtg

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Creating tweens with HOTween Visual Editor
« on: May 30, 2013, 06:59:45 pm »
I'm wanted to know if anyone has any experience using HOTweens Visual Editor with 2D Tool Kit. I know people are using HOTweens code to create tweens, but I'm not a programmer so creating tweens with the Visual Editor is little more intuitive. My main question is how do I dynamically change the text of a 2D Tool Kit text mesh. I created the text mesh, added the HOTweenComponent, so the Visual Editor appears in the inspector. I created the tween the sets the text, and when I run it, I can see the text being changed in the inspector, but the text isn't being updated on screen. Am I missing something?

Dgizusse

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Re: Creating tweens with HOTween Visual Editor
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 07:37:10 pm »
When changing a TextMesh property you must call Commit() to see the change. Just because of this, I doubt it's possible to use the Visual Editor to update TextMesh properties (including color)

Unless you create an HOTween Plugin specific to TextMesh that calls Commit() by itself... Maybe then you could use the Visual Editor (If it's possible to set the plugin used to tween.

I hope that clear things up a bit!

wtg

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 08:07:50 pm »
Ahh, I didn't know that. That makes a lot of sense. I'm not a programmer, so I'm unaware of what needs to happen under the hood with 2D Tool Kit when changing things dynamically. I'm assuming you have to call Commit() on most properties that change with 2D Tool Kit. Lets say the color or alpha value for instance. If you change those values with code, do you have to call Commit() on that change?

Dgizusse

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 08:39:19 pm »
Commit() is only used for TextMesh as far as I can remember. For Sprites/etc. you're good to go with the HOTween Visual Editor.