Hello Guest

Author Topic: 2D Toolkit 2.0 final  (Read 52949 times)

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
2D Toolkit 2.0 final
« on: June 01, 2013, 12:30:32 am »
Please read the migration guide before updating. 2D Toolkit 2.0 is not API compatible with 1.x.
http://unikronsoftware.com/2dtoolkit/docs/2.00/migration_guide.html

Documentation available at:
http://unikronsoftware.com/2dtoolkit/docs/2.00

What's new
  • 2D Toolkit UI
  • Sprite handles - you can resize / move(click and drag) / rotate(alt) sprites using the handles. Turn them off in preferences if you don't like them.
  • Static sprite batcher - supports all sprite types (clipped, tiled, sliced, normal) and text meshes too. Multiple materials & sprite collections supported.
  • Animated sprite deprecated in favour of tk2dSpriteAnimator. Works the same, but lets you animate different sprite types.
  • Text mesh supports inline colors and gradient switching. Click the help button in the text mesh editor for more details.
  • "Sprite from Selected Texture" - use to create a sprite without a sprite collection. Use with care, as each will require one draw call. It's not there for convenience, but rather for backgrounds and render textures that can't be atlased.
  • Loads of API improvements.

Bug fixes and improvements
  • Tilemap.GetTilePosition returns correct values for isometric tiles.
  • tk2dSpriteAnimationClip copy constructor.
  • Fixed ToggleButtonGroup OnChange order - now called after state is changed.
  • Tk2dExternal.Skin.Done is now static - could run into issues before.
  • tk2dUiManager.OnMouseWheelChange -> OnScrollWheelChange to stop Unity warning during iOS build because function name starts with OnMouse.
  • textInput.SetFocos / IsFocus
  • Sprite handles disable themselves when using vertex snap mode in Unity
  • Selecting an animation clip will now select the first frame group
  • tk2dSpriteAnimation - added "View Data" context menu, to allow viewing data without switching to debug mode.
  • Animation editor - warn when invalid clip is detected, non destructive, but can attempt "fix" if requested
  • tk2dTextMesh.GetMeshDimensionsForString re-instated
  • tk2dStaticSpriteBatcher.UpdateMatrices for legacy support
  • Clipped sprite bounds corrected, now will work correctly on trimmed sprites.
  • Sprite collection polygon collider defaults to front & back collider faces. Was causing a lot of confusion.
  • Creating a sprite will now automatically inherit the layer of the parent.
  • Sprite collection names sorted "naturally"
  • Removed skin assets - the skin is now stored externally in a DLL. Less files in the project, and less likely to break.
  • Sliced sprite legacy mode removed - automatic upgrade should work almost 100% of the time.
  • tk2dUIMask in favour of other masking methods - this is extremely efficient.
  • Default ortho size in sprite collection is now 10, works better with default Unity physics settings.
  • Textmesh data moved to external serializable class. Shouldn't require any changes from user code.
  • Got rid of "Always pixel perfect". Its always more efficient to update the camera to compensate for resolution changes.
  • You can convert between sprite types in the component settings menu - also add or remove animators to a sprite.
  • Moved non-core systems into own directory structures - tk2dUI, and tk2dTileMap.
  • Lots more little bugfixes - please let me know if a bug you've reported isn't fixed.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 12:24:48 pm by unikronsoftware »

drmrboyc

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Re: 2D Toolkit 2.0 final
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 04:48:57 am »
Awesome!!!

Not sure if it's something I did wrong or if it was intentionally left this way, but the tk2dTileMap_demo folder is empty after I imported the Unity Package?

Arges

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 09:20:53 am »
Something I'd noticed on the pre-release and forgot to comment: the clips listed on tk2dSpriteAnimator are sorted on whatever order they were created, but for large libraries it would be useful to have them sorted by name. While this is something we can change on the editor class ourselves, it'd be ideal if the next release has it already to avoid having to do manual merges.

Thanks!

TekuStudios

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
    • Teku Studios
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 10:02:57 am »
Nice! So, the anchoring system goes to 2.1, right? We are waiting for that before updating our current project.
We are an Indie videogame developer located in Teruel, Spain. A small 6-people team which is currently working on the upcoming 'Candle'.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 10:32:40 am »
Awesome!!!

Not sure if it's something I did wrong or if it was intentionally left this way, but the tk2dTileMap_demo folder is empty after I imported the Unity Package?

That is empty - by some mistake I included it in the build. 2.1 will have a new tilemap demo and its meant for that.
Also we're trying to keep all the subprojects separate so someone who doesn't need them can delete the ones they don't want.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2013, 10:49:00 am »
Something I'd noticed on the pre-release and forgot to comment: the clips listed on tk2dSpriteAnimator are sorted on whatever order they were created, but for large libraries it would be useful to have them sorted by name. While this is something we can change on the editor class ourselves, it'd be ideal if the next release has it already to avoid having to do manual merges.

Thanks!

Apologies, this should have been done a long time ago. I think I botched it during the merge :( I've re-added and will be in the next release. If you fancy adding it to yours drop an email to support and I'll give you the file to replace.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2013, 10:50:31 am »
Nice! So, the anchoring system goes to 2.1, right? We are waiting for that before updating our current project.

I believe so unless something crops up.

TekuStudios

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
    • Teku Studios
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2013, 11:00:05 am »

I believe so unless something crops up.

Good to hear that :)
We are an Indie videogame developer located in Teruel, Spain. A small 6-people team which is currently working on the upcoming 'Candle'.

Izitmee

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
    • Holoville Games
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2013, 02:42:52 pm »
Fantastic!!! Hooray for V2 :)

Izitmee

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
    • Holoville Games
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2013, 02:44:18 pm »
P.S. not to mention: thanks a lot for releasing V2 for free for existing users. That is truly awesome :)

ryf9059

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2013, 06:08:11 pm »
Unity crushed immediately after double clicking .unitypackage, it shows decompressing package for a second and then crushed.

In fact, that's not the only time it happened, unity seems to like to randomly crush with pakcage import, I have suffer this for quite a bit. Truly annoying for this aspect of unity

TekuStudios

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
    • Teku Studios
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2013, 06:11:44 pm »
Unity crushed immediately after double clicking .unitypackage, it shows decompressing package for a second and then crushed.

In fact, that's not the only time it happened, unity seems to like to randomly crush with pakcage import, I have suffer this for quite a bit. Truly annoying for this aspect of unity

You should update every asset via "Assets > Import Package...", otherwise it tends to crash.

ryf9059

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2013, 06:45:02 pm »

You should update every asset via "Assets > Import Package...", otherwise it tends to crash.

No use. Crush as always...

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2013, 08:24:36 pm »
Try importing into a new project. The download could've failed?

vitosflash

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2013, 07:45:44 am »
I get a bunch of errors in newly created project when trying to add tk2dSprite script to an existing empty Game Object. Unity 4.1.3. Could you please test it?