Hello Guest

Author Topic: 2D Toolkit Roadmap Trello  (Read 35198 times)

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
2D Toolkit Roadmap Trello
« on: June 10, 2013, 11:45:58 am »
Hi folks,

I've been going through and setting up a 2D Toolkit Roadmap Trello. Feel free to vote/comment on any features. We've more or less made up our minds for the 2.1 targets, but it'll be a good experiment for the next version at least.

https://trello.com/b/UfqlXqXy

Its not complete yet, and this is disjoint from our own internal Trellos at the moment, but the idea is to merge it all eventually.

iamagiantnerd

Re: 2D Toolkit Roadmap Trello
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 03:54:31 am »
Nice!  Trello is great :)

Would love to get a picture of where 2.1 is going to be, especially related to the Tilemap features.

This, in particular, would be a huge boon to our artist:

https://trello.com/c/lVSRcetR

We have about 6 tilesets that we have been holding off implementing hoping this feature would make it!

Thanks for all the hard work on 2d Toolkit.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 10:21:11 am »
Nice!  Trello is great :)

Would love to get a picture of where 2.1 is going to be, especially related to the Tilemap features.

This, in particular, would be a huge boon to our artist:

https://trello.com/c/lVSRcetR

We have about 6 tilesets that we have been holding off implementing hoping this feature would make it!

Thanks for all the hard work on 2d Toolkit.

That trello doesn't show the state of the 2.1 Tilemap editor, as that is more or less feature frozen at the moment, just a few more bug fixes remain. I've added you to the super secret list - you can get the pre-release version if you want to try it out. No, rotating tiles won't be in there, but you can flip tiles now :)

EskemaGames

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 02:21:02 pm »
I have to ask, do you have any estimated date for the 2.1 release?, the new camera settings could be useful for my next set of tutorials (this time in english hehehe)

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 04:22:41 pm »
Sorry, I don't have an estimated release date :( There are lots of different branches coming together for this release, and its really hard to predict when all of them will be ready.

Kirb

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 09:34:33 am »
Really looking forward to 2.1, the flipping will be super helpful.

Question though; is it possible to have multiple color channels on a single tilemap, and then assign them to different layers? (Layer 2 is affected by color channel 1, layer 3 gets color channel 2, etc.)
Is this viable for an update?

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 09:39:11 am »
Its possible to implement, sure. I'll add it to the trello for voting. Not for 2.1 though, we're not adding any more features now.

Kirb

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2013, 07:58:05 pm »
Awesome; would love to see it in the future. Really adds a lot of flavor to tilemaps.

profanicus

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2013, 01:29:27 am »
I'm all for vert colour per layer as well. Another interesting thing here would be applying colours by face as well as vertex.