Hello Guest

Author Topic: 2D Toolkit 1.70 beta 2  (Read 27095 times)

39thstreet

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Re: 2D Toolkit 1.70 beta 2
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2012, 10:10:35 pm »
FEATURE: You can assign different materials to various sprites within a sprite collection. Useful for mixing solid and transparent objects within the same sprite collection (these won't be able to be batched, but is essential for tilemapped games where a large number of tiles can be solid.

Any more info on how this is done?  Whenever I assign a different material, it reverts back to the default when I try to build.  Any idea what I might be doing wrong?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 10:14:16 pm by 39thstreet »

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2012, 10:21:28 pm »
FEATURE: You can assign different materials to various sprites within a sprite collection. Useful for mixing solid and transparent objects within the same sprite collection (these won't be able to be batched, but is essential for tilemapped games where a large number of tiles can be solid.

Any more info on how this is done?  Whenever I assign a different material, it reverts back to the default when I try to build.  Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

You set this up in the sprite collection editor. Sorry its not documented yet - these new features will be documented after 1.70 is released (while awaiting approval). Getting very close to that.

1. Go to the settings overlay in the Sprite Collection Editor.
2. Click on + next to Materials - this will duplicate the active material and add a link to it.
3. Click on this new material and customize it (rename it, change shader, whatever you want)

4. Select a sprite - you should now see a Material dropdown where your two or more materials will be listed. Simply switch material on the sprite and press commit.

That should be it.

39thstreet

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2012, 10:35:05 pm »
Worked great, thanks :)   I had found the first part of the interface, but missed the second (drop down).