Hello Guest

Author Topic: Crash Help  (Read 5829 times)

artician

• View Profile
Crash Help
« on: November 11, 2013, 07:31:48 pm »
Hi, I just purchased 2dTk today because it looked like the best tool for my project.  It's nice, but I received this epic error when I tried to commit to a sprite collection.

Any help is appreciated.

artician

• View Profile
Re: Crash Help
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 07:47:37 pm »
Got around this by simply not trying to commit everything at once.  When creating a sprite collection I basically have to add one selection of sprites at a time, commit, and repeat.

DemiGoth

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 08:33:57 pm »
Got around this by simply not trying to commit everything at once.  When creating a sprite collection I basically have to add one selection of sprites at a time, commit, and repeat.
Haven't had crashes of Unity myself, but it did hang itself up a couple of times (and even my system twice) when I was working a lot with Unity3D and 2D toolkit. If the 'save much weep less' is the reason, I guess I'll save less and hope not to weep more ;-)

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 09:24:36 pm »
You don't want to add everything into one sprite collection - Unity is a 32 bit application and will eventually crash when importing too many sprites at a time. Adding a few at a time can really help here.

artician

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 09:28:29 pm »
You don't want to add everything into one sprite collection - Unity is a 32 bit application and will eventually crash when importing too many sprites at a time. Adding a few at a time can really help here.

Thanks, I'm finding that the problem continues to persist when simply commiting a settings change for pixel-per-meter.  I forget often that it's only 32bit.  My images are quite large.

So you're recommending that I create multiple collections with a few animations within each?  Even though they're all for one character?  Is that right?

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 09:29:34 pm »
Yes, with large images its definitely a good idea to split it into multiple collections manually rather than using atlas spanning.

artician

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 09:32:54 pm »
Thank you for your reply!  This is very helpful.