Hello Guest

Author Topic: 2D Toolkit 2.1 beta 2  (Read 26152 times)

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
2D Toolkit 2.1 beta 2
« on: July 15, 2013, 06:51:15 pm »
Please read the migration guide before updating. 2D Toolkit 2.x is not API compatible with 1.x.
http://unikronsoftware.com/2dtoolkit/docs/2.10/migration_guide.html

Documentation available at:
http://unikronsoftware.com/2dtoolkit/docs/2.10

NOTE: Documentation hasn't been updated for the new features in 2.1 yet, it is currently being completed, as is the whack-a-mole game tutorial.

What's new
  • UI Item sendmessage call wrapped - you can now select methods from a dropdown instead of typing them out. A default parameter is also sent.
  • Tilemap demo added.
  • Attach point demo added.
  • Tilemap editor - Flipped tile support.
  • Tilemap editor - Unlimited scratchpad to store templates / custom tile layouts.
  • Tilemap editor - Tile paint mode massively improved with new UI, vertex color paint supports individual channels.
  • Tilemap editor - Instanced prefabs are saved. You can change properties on them and they will be remembered.
  • Tilemap editor - Physics material can be set up per tilemap layer.
  • Attach points - You can now set up attach points directly on the sprites. You can attach other sprites to these attach points, or simply use them as markers in your code. When set up on a frames of animation, these will be animated together with the frames.
  • Sprite collection builder - duplicate textures are now removed, textures are compared by a contents hash.
  • Sprite collection global texture rescale.
  • tk2dCamera v3 - now much better than before. Preview of native resolution, preview resolution in viewport.
  • tk2dCamera v3 - Uses game view resolution/aspectratio as "preview resolution" when present, no need to enter resolutions twice.
  • tk2dCamera v3 - Zoom Factor (replacing zoom scale), works with or without overrides
  • tk2dCamera v3 - Size set up as "ortho size" or "pixels per meter". Default legacy size, Pixels per meter = 1
  • tk2dCamera v3 - Works on perspective camera as well, allowing for 1:1 to be exact at any resolution
  • tk2dCamera v3 - hides the Unity camera implemnentation to avoid confusion
  • tk2dCamera v3 - supports multiple cameras with different sizes in scene, uses unity layers to VERY quickly detect the right camera for a sprite / object.
  • tk2dCamera v3 - Override UI revamped.
  • tk2dCameraAnchor - Works with any camera type, including perspective.
  • Sprite collection / font editor - will automatically detect camera settings if a tk2dCamera is found in the scene, less room for error. Set up exactly the same as a tk2dCamera.
  • Static sprite batcher - option to sort by camera, allows correct sorting when not viewed straight along z axis.
  • PlayMaker actions included - unpack from tk2d/Goodies/PlayMaker Actions

Bug fixes and improvements
  • Word wrap correctly considers spacing.
  • Convert to ui sprite animator moved to UI code, dependency in core tk2d removed.
  • Tilemap colliders built properly, even if not committed.
  • Tilemap editor - fixed a lot of cases where modified prefab data could be lost.
  • Tilemap editor - fixed undo which failed in some situations leaving orphaned chunks of data.
  • Tilemap editor - Prefabs can be spawned at runtime using SetTile.
  • tk2dCamera - removed half pixel offset from camera anchors on Windows/D3D.
  • tk2dCamera - Patched for missing screenResolution / ScreenOffset functions, marked as Obsolete.
  • tk2dCamera - Fixed rogue memory allocation at runtime.
  • Packed fonts fixed.
  • Text mesh inline styling bugfix when used from code.
  • Sprite selector bugfix.
  • UI scrollablearea fixed to work the same regardless of resolution.
  • UI scrollablearea - OnScroll is now triggered when expected.
  • UI scrollablearea - MeasureContentLength, for when you just want to fit the content you've dynamically created at runtime.
  • Diced texture parameters are shown in the editor - easier to make decisions on dice size.
  • Font - cope with invalid characters.
  • Tilemap - bugfix with color interpolation at boundaries.
  • Sprites - Scene widget works at any axis.
  • UI demo - old sans font replaced.
  • And many many more bugfixes - Let us know if a bug you reported isn't fixed.

Mikael1987

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Re: 2D Toolkit 2.1 beta 2
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 07:08:33 pm »
Thank you!,I can't say enough how happy I am to have bought this :)

armitage1982

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 08:57:26 pm »
Thanks for the new demos.
I think the most = the better.
Everything is working on my version 4.1.2f1 :)

fsadeq

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 10:08:31 pm »
If we have 2.1 beta 1 already, do you recommend deleting tk2d from our projects before importing, or can we just import and overwrite? Thanks.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 11:00:59 pm »
If we have 2.1 beta 1 already, do you recommend deleting tk2d from our projects before importing, or can we just import and overwrite? Thanks.

Import and overwrite should be fine. Backup first though :)

Goepfie

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 09:22:45 am »
The new Feature of beta 1,

• Sprite collection builder - duplicate textures are now removed, textures are compared by a contents hash.

just saved me at least two days of work. I don't know how you do it, but this must be 3rd or 4th feature that got implemented just in time as we needed it for our project. Just wanted to say thanks for the great work!

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 06:57:37 pm »
The new Feature of beta 1,

just saved me at least two days of work. I don't know how you do it, but this must be 3rd or 4th feature that got implemented just in time as we needed it for our project. Just wanted to say thanks for the great work!

You're welcome. We love working on this and support from people like yourselves lets us do more of what we genuinely love = everyone wins! Thanks for the support.

hippocoder

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2013, 12:58:48 am »
Hi,

How can we get hold of the latest betas? Just bought this wonderful middleware today. I have a lot of questions I'd love to ask you before I begin - we know exactly what we are doing with it, but need to know what features of 2DToolkit we should be leaning on :)

Thanks for making (and caring) about 2D Toolkit.

Codexer

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2013, 02:10:33 am »
Getting this error when trying to install this unity package, mind you I tried it with an existing project and a completely blank canvas:

Am I doing something wrong?

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2013, 11:07:18 am »
@Codexer - I've not seen that before.Can you try in a new project to make sure your download is working properly? If you can reproduce this error I suggest reporting it to Unity.

Also, what version of Unity did you import into?

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2013, 11:07:49 am »
Hi,

How can we get hold of the latest betas? Just bought this wonderful middleware today. I have a lot of questions I'd love to ask you before I begin - we know exactly what we are doing with it, but need to know what features of 2DToolkit we should be leaning on :)

Thanks for making (and caring) about 2D Toolkit.

I've approved your account now, you should be able to download it from here.

jacky

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2013, 06:46:42 pm »
I think I found a bug in the new version. I am not sure if this is where I should report it or not.

When I move a sprite in my project, it does not clear the previous images in the game view. Basically, it acts as if I have clear flags set to "don't clear". When I hit play it refreshes and clears the old images.

Thanks!

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2013, 07:05:26 pm »
@jacky - Do you use tk2dCamera? Did you get a "upgrading tk2dCamera" message when updating?
Also what is the setting on the camera itself?

TekuStudios

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
    • Teku Studios
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2013, 04:52:12 pm »
Hi unikron,

Do you have any plans to somehow change the collection selector (dropdown list in Inspector)? We have literally hundres of collections and it's getting insane everytime we create a new sprite and select its collection, the dropdown list is huge.

Also, We've noticed something. It's not really a bug, and maybe you've already fixed it, but in the sprite editor, when setting its collider (Polygon), there's some annoying thing. if we select one vertex and hit T, it disconnects and becomes a plane-ish collider. Then, if we select a vertex and hit F to flip its normals, the opposite vertex positions itself over the cursor (over the selected vertex). It's really annoying because then we need to reposition that vertex again.

That's all, thanks!
We are an Indie videogame developer located in Teruel, Spain. A small 6-people team which is currently working on the upcoming 'Candle'.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2013, 07:08:33 pm »
@TekuStudios - No plans to change the collection selector, but in 2.1, you can find the sprite collection / data object in the project window and drag it over the dropdown to assign it. Would that work for you?

I couldn't reproduce the second thing, though. I'll try again on a new sprite collection later.
Edit: No, still can't reproduce it. Please send me a few screenshots of whats happening so I'll know what to look for.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 10:13:51 pm by unikronsoftware »