Hello Guest

Author Topic: 2D Toolkit 2.1 beta 3  (Read 50863 times)

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
2D Toolkit 2.1 beta 3
« on: July 19, 2013, 10:41:18 pm »
Please read the migration guide before updating. 2D Toolkit 2.x is not API compatible with 1.x.
http://unikronsoftware.com/2dtoolkit/docs/2.10/migration_guide.html

Documentation available at:
http://unikronsoftware.com/2dtoolkit/docs/2.10

What's new
  • Documentation has been updated for 2.1 and the first part of the whack-a-mole tutorial has now been published.
  • UI Item sendmessage call wrapped - you can now select methods from a dropdown instead of typing them out. A default parameter is also sent.
  • Tilemap demo added.
  • Attach point demo added.
  • Tilemap editor - Flipped tile support.
  • Tilemap editor - Unlimited scratchpad to store templates / custom tile layouts.
  • Tilemap editor - Tile paint mode massively improved with new UI, vertex color paint supports individual channels.
  • Tilemap editor - Instanced prefabs are saved. You can change properties on them and they will be remembered.
  • Tilemap editor - Physics material can be set up per tilemap layer.
  • Attach points - You can now set up attach points directly on the sprites. You can attach other sprites to these attach points, or simply use them as markers in your code. When set up on a frames of animation, these will be animated together with the frames.
  • Sprite collection builder - duplicate textures are now removed, textures are compared by a contents hash.
  • Sprite collection global texture rescale.
  • tk2dCamera v3 - now much better than before. Preview of native resolution, preview resolution in viewport.
  • tk2dCamera v3 - Uses game view resolution/aspectratio as "preview resolution" when present, no need to enter resolutions twice.
  • tk2dCamera v3 - Zoom Factor (replacing zoom scale), works with or without overrides
  • tk2dCamera v3 - Size set up as "ortho size" or "pixels per meter". Default legacy size, Pixels per meter = 1
  • tk2dCamera v3 - Works on perspective camera as well, allowing for 1:1 to be exact at any resolution
  • tk2dCamera v3 - hides the Unity camera implemnentation to avoid confusion
  • tk2dCamera v3 - supports multiple cameras with different sizes in scene, uses unity layers to VERY quickly detect the right camera for a sprite / object.
  • tk2dCamera v3 - Override UI revamped.
  • tk2dCameraAnchor - Works with any camera type, including perspective.
  • Sprite collection / font editor - will automatically detect camera settings if a tk2dCamera is found in the scene, less room for error. Set up exactly the same as a tk2dCamera.
  • Static sprite batcher - option to sort by camera, allows correct sorting when not viewed straight along z axis.
  • PlayMaker actions included - unpack from tk2d/Goodies/PlayMaker Actions

Bug fixes and improvements
  • Tilemap editor - more undo fixes. Should've got everything now. When entering edit mode, chunk gameobjects are created for all chunks. This is not a bug, and required for undo to work properly. Unnecessary ones are deleted when committed.
  • Tilemap editor - vertical scroll wheel works when mouse is over tilemap palette.
  • Tilemap editor - Creation stage made far more sensible, and replaced sprite collection picker.
  • tk2dCamera - default far clip plane = 50.
  • tk2d update checker window - warn when in webplayer.
  • Sprite collection editor - copy geometry islands correctly.
  • Removed beta tag from tilemap editor.
  • Word wrap correctly considers spacing.
  • Convert to ui sprite animator moved to UI code, dependency in core tk2d removed.
  • Tilemap colliders built properly, even if not committed.
  • Tilemap editor - fixed a lot of cases where modified prefab data could be lost.
  • Tilemap editor - fixed undo which failed in some situations leaving orphaned chunks of data.
  • Tilemap editor - Prefabs can be spawned at runtime using SetTile.
  • tk2dCamera - removed half pixel offset from camera anchors on Windows/D3D.
  • tk2dCamera - Patched for missing screenResolution / ScreenOffset functions, marked as Obsolete.
  • tk2dCamera - Fixed rogue memory allocation at runtime.
  • Packed fonts fixed.
  • Text mesh inline styling bugfix when used from code.
  • Sprite selector bugfix.
  • UI scrollablearea fixed to work the same regardless of resolution.
  • UI scrollablearea - OnScroll is now triggered when expected.
  • UI scrollablearea - MeasureContentLength, for when you just want to fit the content you've dynamically created at runtime.
  • Diced texture parameters are shown in the editor - easier to make decisions on dice size.
  • Font - cope with invalid characters.
  • Tilemap - bugfix with color interpolation at boundaries.
  • Sprites - Scene widget works at any axis.
  • UI demo - old sans font replaced.
  • And many many more bugfixes - Let us know if a bug you reported isn't fixed.

fsadeq

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Re: 2D Toolkit 2.1 beta 3
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 01:54:28 am »
Scrollable palette, woo-hoo!! As always, thanks much for the updates.

hippocoder

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 02:47:47 am »
Great :)

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 10:46:24 am »
@fsadeq - can you help try to break the tilemap editor in the ways you could before, please? That is the last thing I'm still testing before releasing the final version.

fsadeq

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 01:34:54 pm »
Yup, no prob.

fsadeq

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2013, 03:21:51 pm »
I can't seem to break the prefab values being saved thing..which is great! Also haven't replicated the extra chunks bug either. Seems solid to me, except for one tiny thing:

For whatever reason, my (H) and (J) keyboard shortcuts in the tilemap don't work. They're supposed to flip the tiles, but they seem to only work some of the time (and that's after manually clicking the icons in the toolbar).

chall3ng3r

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2013, 07:34:57 pm »
Thanks a lot. Been waiting for that tutorial :D

One small suggestion. Please put all the game downloadable files, graphics + code in one zip file on the first page of the tutorial, so we don't have to hunt for links in tutorial pages.

I will soon be following the tutorial to make this "Hello World!" game :D

Thanks,

// chall3ng3r //

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2013, 11:27:56 pm »
@chall3ng3r - initially thought of doing that, but we're going to be updating the code as the tutorial progresses, so the code you get on a particular page is relevant to that page mostly. What I'm thinking of doing is though, at the end of each part, to have a zipped Unity project containing the final result. It'll help as reference in case you made a mistake following the tutorials. Maybe we can have a "downloads" section for each page - that could help in some way.

scrlklk

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2013, 12:42:45 am »
Hi, when will the 2d toolkit UI support playmaker?

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2013, 12:18:08 pm »
Hi, when will the 2d toolkit UI support playmaker?

I've added a couple boxes to the roadmap trello for more Playmaker support. Please vote on them, and they will be picked up for the next release if there is enough interest.
https://trello.com/b/UfqlXqXy/2d-toolkit-roadmap

fsadeq

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2013, 03:41:27 pm »
I can't seem to break the prefab values being saved thing..which is great! Also haven't replicated the extra chunks bug either. Seems solid to me, except for one tiny thing:

For whatever reason, my (H) and (J) keyboard shortcuts in the tilemap don't work. They're supposed to flip the tiles, but they seem to only work some of the time (and that's after manually clicking the icons in the toolbar).

I've actually managed to have the prefab instances lose their values again. Problem is, I have no idea how I did it. Could have been any number of steps before I committed the tilemap.  :(

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2013, 10:01:49 pm »
I'll look through the code once more. There are VERY few places this could possibly happen now, and I can test each path to make sure.  I was concentrating on all the undo stuff in the last release.

GameDragon

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2013, 07:27:14 am »
I can't seem to enable Viewport Clipping no matter what I do. Also the tk2dcamera resets things like Depth and Inherit settings if I try to change the clear flags.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2013, 10:46:53 am »
Can you post in the private support forum with a bit more details about that, please? I'm going through the last few bugs in 2.1 and I'd like to sort this out ASAP if possible.

tejón

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2013, 09:29:03 pm »
When I edit "Pixels Per Meter" or "Zoom factor" on the tk2dCamera, the clipping frame displayed in the scene view automatically adjusts its width... but not its height.

Also, it looks like "Origin: Center" actually sets the origin to bottom-center.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 09:31:25 pm by tejón »