Hello Guest

Author Topic: 2D Toolkit 2.1 beta 3  (Read 51260 times)

snowgamander

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Re: 2D Toolkit 2.1 beta 3
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2013, 02:04:33 am »
Following the Whack a Mole tutorial. Static Sprite Batcher seems to make the background not show up when running it on my windows phone. Works in the game view and web player or if I don't use the static sprite batcher.

korn3l

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2013, 08:48:06 am »
I really enjoy the Anchor Point feature, but it would be nice if you could select to manual set rotation. For example if you have an arm that is attached to the body using the anchor points and you want to set the arm to point to the mouse cursor. In this case you would want the anchor point to change only the position and not the rotation.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2013, 09:56:57 am »
I really enjoy the Anchor Point feature, but it would be nice if you could select to manual set rotation. For example if you have an arm that is attached to the body using the anchor points and you want to set the arm to point to the mouse cursor. In this case you would want the anchor point to change only the position and not the rotation.

Hi, we'll certainly update the behaviour in the future, but for now - feel free to create a copy and modify it. It is a really really simple class - tk2dSpriteAttachPoint, and you can easily add a bool to ignore rotation. The data is more or less guaranteed to not change, so you should be good making a copy and modifying this class.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2013, 10:06:21 am »
Really enjoying this beta release. I haven't played with the UI or the TileMap till now and it blew me away. I didn't realise what you'd done but it looks great!

My only final request is when adding attachment points, we can choose position and rotation. Can we also choose a z offset? I.e. On some frames I want my attached object to be behind the sprite, while on others I'd like it in front. (I.e. simple layering).

Perhaps just a checkbox for 'Set behind' as I noticed that the existing z pos is -0.05, so just a toggle to set it to 0.05 ?

We want to get this right - we'll have a way of sorting things manually in a later release :) There may be a new feature in the next release to help with this.

tzamora

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2013, 10:36:55 pm »
I have been checking the tile map and everything seems pretty good. Grat Work!!.

Do you think It would be possible to select a single tile and have an offset, from its position. Right now the tiles are arranged exactly in the position it meant to be drawn but what happens if I would like to do something like: "Hey I would like to move this and only this tile 5 pixels to the left".

Do you think this could be possible.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2013, 11:14:18 pm »
You can't do that - it will require storing a lot more information and increase the memory footprint quite a bit. You can position them as normal sprites though - that should just work

Dgizusse

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2013, 05:34:42 pm »
Having a tk2dCamera in a scene keeps marking the scene as dirty.

When the camera is NOT selected, commenting out everything in UpdateCameraMatrix stops making it dirty.
If the camera is selected, even with the code commented, it gets dirty. (But it doesn't get set dirty because of GUI.changed)

(BTW shouldn't the Update() call in UpdateCameraMatrix be in editor only?)

Thanks a lot!

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2013, 06:11:59 pm »
This is far more messy than it should be for one reason - There is no way to detect if a camera is using a custom projection matrix or not. i.e. orthographic could be true, and a custom projection matrix could be set up to make it perspective, or even worse. I'll look into improving it in the next version.