Hello Guest

Author Topic: 2D Toolkit 1.92 final  (Read 34118 times)

Smartphoneware

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Re: 2D Toolkit 1.92 final
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2013, 01:37:46 pm »
Hi, here is one issue with Sliced Sprite.

It works properly if created via Hierarchy - Create - Tk2d - Sliced sprite.
In other cases (add component, Menu Component - ...) it doesn't. The problem is in incorrect state of "tk2dSlicedSprite.legacyMode".

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2013, 10:38:27 pm »
That is indeed true. You can safely change the default from true to false. Legacy mode will be removed in 2D Toolkit 2.0

wtg

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2013, 01:53:43 pm »
As an avid user of 2D Tool Kit, I would have to advise against DLLs. My company purchased the plugin to convert our existing games into Unity and since then it has been a wonderful process for both Art and Programming. The Artist enjoy all the great features it has such as Dicing and previewing animations. The programmers enjoy the plugin because it's open source and they've been able to extend it for our specific needs. For instance, I began researching how to "mask" or "clip" sprites and I didn't like the hard edge solution that I found on the private forum. So our programmers wrote a Shader base clipper that allows "soft edges". They stated that if this was all DLLs then it would've made life much more difficult and we wouldn't have purchased it. You still have to consider that people will need to customize and extend the plugin according to their needs.

I also have 2 more questions:

1. When we do upgrade, whats the best procedure to do so? Once again our programming department extended the plugin and we don't want to lose any of the scripts they've written.

2. Where's the best place to submit suggestions for additional features? As the Art Director I have an extensive background using After Effects and the I'd like to see some of the standard Time Line features, such as scrubbing, added to the Sprite Animation window. There's a few other suggestions I'd like to make that would greatly improve the workflow, but I want to submit it to the right place.

Thank You.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2013, 09:36:22 pm »
There shouldn't be any issues wrt customizing the plugin, even when distributed with DLLs - the intention is to include a zip of the complete source code within the distribution, so you will still be able to customize it any way you like. The only difference is that instead of directly using the source as is being done now, it will need to be compiled back into the dll.

1. Your programming guys will have to merge the changes in manually, I'm afraid. This is a result of Unity blindly replacing all files when a package is imported.
2. Feel free to post any suggestions in the private support forum, or email support. I'd prefer the forum, as we will at least get feedback from others using the product.

paulhocker

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
    • SpockerDotNet LLC
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2013, 01:58:04 am »
wtg -- I understand wanting the source. Indeed looking at well written code, and seeing how it works from the inside out is beneficial. I think that the suggestion of distributing both source and dll solves that problem.

my needs are a little more selfish, i want to use 2dtk for contests like ludum dare, and using the source is not an option -- having a dll lets me use it as a developer

i suppose i could try to compile the source into a dll myself, but that would probably violate something on the 2dtk side of things

anyway -- my $.02

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2013, 12:37:52 pm »
@paul - you can't compile to a dll, unless you do it in a brand new project. You can't transition from one -> another. If you need an exception to distribute the runtime code as a DLL, we can certainly work something out there but it won't be compatible with "normal" tk2d code, as in you won't be able to swap versions.

gogogodeng

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2013, 03:16:33 pm »
how to download

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2013, 03:26:44 pm »
You will need to register your copy to download from the forum.
http://unikronsoftware.com/2dtoolkit/forum/index.php/topic,34.0.html

kremedved

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2013, 11:06:07 am »
After unity3d had been upgraded to the version 4.2, pressing buttons do not work :<

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2013, 11:08:18 am »
After unity3d had been upgraded to the version 4.2, pressing buttons do not work :<

Looks like a bug in Unity 4.2. Details and fix here.
http://unikronsoftware.com/2dtoolkit/forum/index.php/topic,1682.msg10957.html#msg10957

apbilyk

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2013, 06:35:21 pm »
I'm still using 1.92 final, as I'm VERY close to release and don't want to risk breaking things beforehand.

I'm using an older version of Unity as well (4.1.2f1), but I would like to upgrade to current (4.1.5f1) if you believe that's a safe thing to do.  Can you advise, Unikron?  Thanks!

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2013, 07:41:10 pm »
I don't think there were any issues introduced between 4.1.2 and 4.1.5, but as always make a backup of the project :)

apbilyk

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2013, 08:09:15 pm »
I don't think there were any issues introduced between 4.1.2 and 4.1.5, but as always make a backup of the project :)

Will do -- SVN is my friend!  :)  Just figured I'd ask beforehand, in case there were any subtle problems you knew of.  Thanks!