Hello Guest

Author Topic: Triggers not working  (Read 4540 times)

darrkbeast

• View Profile
Triggers not working
« on: September 13, 2013, 04:50:39 am »
Hi so I have read many of the trigger post and they all say to have rigid bodies, set to kinetic and that should work. Well it doesn't seem to work for me. So I'm using playmaker and what I have is a sprite thats a customer, the goes from point a to b. Theres a clerk between a and b. She has all the same set up as the customer does but doesnt move. I want the customer to stop and buy something from clerk, and I control that by trigger events. The clerk triggers her event when the customer collides with her, but he just keeps moving. I've tried manually dragging the customer over clerk but he still doesn't trigger event. I'm not sure what im doing wrong as one works and the other doesn't. Any suggestions and help would be great. Thanks

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Triggers not working
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 09:24:44 am »
You can't collide with triggers. Triggers are like invisible volumes that trigger a message when something enters the volume.
Refer to the docs here to see what combinations will and wont work.
http://docs.unity3d.com/Documentation/Components/class-BoxCollider.html

darrkbeast

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 10:42:10 pm »
Yeah I understand you cant collide with them, I mean I cant get them to fire off my trigger events in Playmaker. That link you sent me looks like it will have alot of info, so I will go through it and make sure I have it all set up right. Thanks for responding.

darrkbeast

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 01:40:57 am »
Hey I figured it out. I had them set up right just had to set one to a delay since they both were firing off at the same time it was causing a issue. One tag would change before other did, mistake on my part. Its all fixed now. That link helped alot to.