Hello Guest

Author Topic: Checkbox "button" and other GUI elements  (Read 5146 times)

etoreo

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Checkbox "button" and other GUI elements
« on: May 05, 2012, 07:46:49 pm »
It would be nice if a Check Box button was available.  It would need to take the same parameters as Button, but also have a "check" texture and an offset on where to place that texture.

I would also be nice if buttons could be disabled and have a disabled texture parameter available.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Checkbox "button" and other GUI elements
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 08:19:22 pm »
Thanks for the feedback. I didn't intend on turning this into yet-another-gui-plugin, but a fair few people have asked for these features, so I have put it in the todo list. I don't know if this will actually get implemented at this point, and even if it is, whether it will be part of 2D Toolkit or a separate addon. I can't say anything without carefully gauging the amount of work required, and how far I want to take it.

etoreo

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 08:42:43 pm »
I understand where you are coming from on all accounts.  I am almost done with a "hacky" implementation of the checkbox "button".  Is there a place I could post it to give other people access to it?  I understand you are running a business, and you might not want to allow things like that on our own site.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 09:14:10 pm »
No, feel free to post/share anything you like in the private support forums. In fact I really encourage you to do so should you feel inclined to share.