Hello Guest

Author Topic: 2D Toolkit 2.3 beta 1  (Read 29976 times)

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
2D Toolkit 2.3 beta 1
« on: November 10, 2013, 02:37:48 am »
Please read the migration guide before updating. 2D Toolkit 2.x is not API compatible with 1.x.
http://unikronsoftware.com/2dtoolkit/docs/2.3/migration_guide.html

Documentation available at:
http://unikronsoftware.com/2dtoolkit/docs/2.3

Be sure to run "Setup for JavaScript" after importing if you're using this feature. 2.3 is a very big update - and you're likely to have errors if you don't run this properly after restarting Unity.

What's new
  • Support for Unity 4.3 - 2D physics and render layers. Notes here
  • Animating 2D polygon colliders when running under Unity 4.3 2D physics
  • Default pixels per meter is now 100 to work better with Unity
  • Png atlases - enable in sprite collection settings. Much smaller builds at the cost of some load time.
  • Dropped support for Unity older than 3.5. Unity 3.5 support will be dropped in 2D Toolkit 2.4

Bug fixes and improvements
  • tk2dCameraAnchor - doesn't mark scene dirty every frame
  • tilemap - random brush respects flip and rotate flags
  • unity 4.3 undo and other compatibility fixes
  • removed useGameWindowResolutionInEditor compile warning
  • AlphaIsTransparency is set on imported textures
  • Sprite collection editor performance improvements, now can handle 10000s of sprites in a collection.
  • Hide tk2d widgets when shift is held down to tweak colliders.
  • tilemap prefabs that are in the scene will be destroyed if the prefab type is changed.
  • Tilemap normals on when sprite collection setting requests normals
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 02:29:31 pm by unikronsoftware »

fsadeq

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
Re: 2D Toolkit 2.3 beta 1
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 03:51:40 am »
Great! Many thanks!

DannyB

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
    • Chicks Ahead
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 06:39:47 am »
PNG Atlas is here! Thats a celebration all by itself.
That thing about 100 pixels per meter makes me a little worried as I got very used to that 1x1 ratio...

Finnegan

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 07:54:09 am »
Default pixels per meter is now 100 to work better with Unity
Are there any downsides of using 1 pixel per meter?

x8105

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 09:31:24 am »
No Color per layer in tile map?? :(

hippocoder

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2013, 12:21:50 pm »
Absolutely astonishing update. Thinking about promoting this some more. People need to know why 2D Toolkit is still relevant in 4.3. Thanks!

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2013, 02:29:59 pm »
PNG Atlas is here! Thats a celebration all by itself.
That thing about 100 pixels per meter makes me a little worried as I got very used to that 1x1 ratio...

You can still use 1 if you want. This is just the default value when you create a new collection, etc.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2013, 02:34:44 pm »
No Color per layer in tile map?? :(

No, this won't happen until 2.4 at the earliest - can't change too many things in each system for each update, it greatly increases chances of breaking stuff. There have been far too many changes in 2.3 already to support Unity 4.3. If you can't wait and want to implement it yourself I'm always here to offer suggestions and recommendations.

AbsurdInteractive

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2013, 07:09:58 pm »
I don't suppose the  Lists & snapping to list items" will be implemented anytime soon? This would be really helpful for UI on mobile devices. Otherwise, I'd have to get another UI toolkit, which I'd prefer not to since 2D Toolkit is so fantastic.

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2013, 07:28:16 pm »
I don't suppose the  Lists & snapping to list items" will be implemented anytime soon? This would be really helpful for UI on mobile devices. Otherwise, I'd have to get another UI toolkit, which I'd prefer not to since 2D Toolkit is so fantastic.

Its next in the UI list after tab & focus support but its likely to happen sooner than tab/focus support due to the scope of the tasks. I can't really commit to dates / time frames beyond that.

atmuc

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2013, 08:10:34 am »
you are my best asset publisher. you support within hours, your asset still works great with Flash addon, you are proactive that you prepare your asset before 4.3 is released, you continuously add new features to your asset like tile, gui components.

thanks for being in asset store.

DannyB

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
    • Chicks Ahead
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2013, 08:28:59 am »
you are my best asset publisher. you support within hours, your asset still works great with Flash addon, you are proactive that you prepare your asset before 4.3 is released, you continuously add new features to your asset like tile, gui components.

thanks for being in asset store.

Well said. I second that.

DemiGoth

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2013, 10:30:53 am »

Be sure to run "Setup for JavaScript" after importing if you're using this feature. 2.3 is a very big update - and you're likely to have errors if you don't run this properly after restarting Unity.

What's new

I've posted a support request earlier today where normal sprites in a collection do not change collider when chancing sprite. Does this feature mean that the sprites in a collection do change collider as well when I tell the sprite to change through scripting?

unikronsoftware

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2013, 10:53:57 am »

What's new

I've posted a support request earlier today where normal sprites in a collection do not change collider when chancing sprite. Does this feature mean that the sprites in a collection do change collider as well when I tell the sprite to change through scripting?

Yes it does. The reason it doesn't work with 3D colliders is performance (its really not designed to do that and its ridiculously slow). Its fine with 2D colliders though, but you'll need to run tk2d under Unity 4.3 for that.

DemiGoth

• 2D Toolkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2013, 11:17:48 am »
What's new

Yes it does. The reason it doesn't work with 3D colliders is performance (its really not designed to do that and its ridiculously slow). Its fine with 2D colliders though, but you'll need to run tk2d under Unity 4.3 for that.

Thanks for adding then! Too bad I've just started on Unity and don't have the money to go Pro and get 4.3beta now (guess Pro's can get it), so I'll just wait patiently for the release of it and then grab 2Dtoolkit 2.3 as well. In the mean time I'll get on with my Tetris game and take the current lack of this feature for granted ;)